recommended books (young adult books) ?

i like maximum ride series and other james patterson books, lizzie wilcock books, young adult fiction.....

thanks!

iv already read the twilight series (who hasnt =.=). so dont add it to the list anymore xD

Favorite Answer

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

-.it’s an urban fantasy romance set in modern new york city.Clary, Sixteen years old goes clubbing with her best friend, Simon, she sees a good-looking boy just kill another boy and realizes that she in the only person that can see them. She soon is thrown into the shadow hunter world and discovers that her life has been built on lies and is torn between love and family secrets. I honestly absolutely love these series, it’s engaging, the characters are hilarious and the twists are wicked!

uglies by scott westerfeld

"ugly until age 16 when they'll undergo an operation that will change them into pleasure-seeking "pretties." Society making everyone look the same, cause we all wanted perfection now we have it but I still isn’t good enough? Loving someone for WHO they are and not what they look like"

Midnighters : The Secret Hour by scott westerfeld

Nobody is safe in the secret hour.

Strange things happen at midnight in the town of Bixby, Oklahoma.

Time freezes.

Nobody moves.

For one secret hour each night, the town belongs to the dark creatures that haunt the shadows. Only a small group of people know about the secret hour -- only they are free to move about the midnight time.

• Sassy

-The Mortal Instruments Series is good by Cassandra Clare (first book is City of Bones). The series is urban fantasy.

-Try looking into authors like Sarah Dessen,Laurie Halse Anderson, or Chris Crutcher, Caroline B. Cooney for new books outside of a series. They are fantastic authors who write really well and you can check out the many different books they have written.

My favorite Dessen is This Lullaby; my favorite Anderson is Speak and also Twisted; my favorite Crutcher is Downriver; and Cooney is Face on the Milk Carton

- Classics like The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton or graphic novels like Rapunzels Revenge by Shannon and Dean Dale.

Read Beastly by Alex Flinn.

It is the greatest book EVER!!

P.S The movie is coming in 2010 and stars Vanessa Hudgens and Mary Kate Olsen.

• Eileen

I think something like Atonement would be good as it is an excellent book which people will know and is very romantic and very well written. It has also been made into a film and so you could watch the film as a treat after you've read it.

The Hunger Games (and its sequel coming out tomorrow)- Suzanne Collins

Uglies (and the rest in the series) - Scott Westerfeld

a great book is on the jellicoe road by mellina marchetta. its a great book. a bit confusing at the start but dont give up on it.

another good book is love you t(W)o. im not sure by who though.

love letters is also good by anne cassidy.

a good lizzie wilcock book is grieve.

TWILIGHT is also excellent. love it. dont judge it by the movie. the book is waaaay better.

Source(s): i have read them

I love Stephanie Plum by Janet Evanovich

Little Brother/fight club. Really good books.

PS: F*CK TWILIGHT. I know every Twilight fan on the face of the earth will give me thumbs down for this, but ffs, Twilight= fail even more than the Eragon movie (Biggest fail I have seen so far in my life:P)

go for the twilight saga