If I put Olive oil on my hair every night, will it grow better/healthier?

I'm starting to get back in the routine of taking care of my hair again and I'm trying to get it to grow past my neck, so now I'm putting Olive oil in it every night. Do you think that will help at all?

This is what else I'm doing:

Regular condition every week

Deep condition it once a month

Hot oil treatment 1x a week

Favorite Answer

okay olive oil every day is a little too much

if you put it once a week its okay. it's not helping your hair grow what it's doing is that it is coating your hair with an extra layer so that it has less breakage and is repaired from damage, which helps it grow. so put olive oil ONCE A WEEK. or else your hair will be WAYYY too greasy and it wont really make a difference once a week is good enough

but i heard multivitamins of some sort are good for your hair and help it grow

• pooser

When I was once a child, my mother used to deliver me a head therapeutic massage with oil at least one time per week. You'd ought to maintain it on for like 20-half-hour or so and allow it soak in and take a bath afterwards (no duh haha). Coconut oil is reaaaally well. And so is olive oil. For the excellent of each worlds, combine a few coconut oil and olive oil in combination and warmth it up somewhat.. placed it within the microwave or anything.. Warm oil soaks in higher and offers you higher outcome. And if the scent bothers you, upload an principal oil that smells well or squeeze in a couple of drops of lemon (which could also be well in your hair). About what it does.. I absolutely do think it is lucrative and restores all that well stuff for your hair that shampoos strip off. My mother regularly advised me it makes your hair darker (as in, prevents greying) and make it develop longer. I do not a lot approximately the progress aspect, however I can let you know, my hair absolutely feels more fit whilst I use it.

• try hair oil; it really works! put it on at nite before bed and wake up and shampoo it off. usually coconut hair oil works the best but try others to suit ur hair

i THINK WHAT YOUR DOING IS A LITTLE TOO EXTREME NO OFFENCE NOT THAT I CAN TALK IM JUST AS BAD!!! BUT IVE TRIED OLIVEOIL AND IT JJUST MADE MY HAIR SHINY AND EXTREMLY OILY!!! WHICH MADE MY SKIN OILY!!! MAYBE JUST GIVE YOUR HAIR A REST AND JUST SHAMPOO AND CONDITION IT!!! HOPE YOUR HAIR GROWS FAST!!!

XXCASSY

add onions, peppers, and sausage and if it doesn't get better or healthier it sure would taste good !

no