Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetOther - Internet · 1 decade ago

I am buying a domain name and getting a hosting plan - do I need DNS hosting?

Okay, so I'm considering buying my own domain name for a personal website and getting a reasonably cheap hosting plan (all from crazydomains.com.au) except I have come to where I need to confirm the domain i'm buying and i'm being asked whether I want DNS hosting. I don't have a clue what that is and am wondering whether it is needed for me to run my own Joomla! based personal website.

Also, I have been asked to enter in personal details (such as name, address, phone numbers, etc.) - will this information be available to other people if they look up my domain in whois?

Thank-you for any answers in advance, I look forward to hearing what you guys have to say.

Favorite Answer

If you want to start your website I recommend purchase your domain and hosting together. In this way it is possible to get your domain for free. Some hosting services offer this gift today.

As an experienced webmaster I recommend BH web hosting which I’m sure it would work for you and fulfill all your requirements. They have a really great offer for hosting & I have used them for over 3 yrs now, and have never had a single problem with them.

You can reach reviews about this web hosting provider and its latest DISCOUNT COUPONS at:

http://www.threehosts.com/reviews/1st

******IMPORTANT********

* This service was awarded “The Best Web Host OF The Year”.

* If you sign up for this service you will have $75 credits to advertise your website with the google & yahoo search engines for free!

* You Can Register A Free Domain or Use Your Existing Domains. They Support All Domain Names.

****************************

Take into consideration that web hosting is a global service. It does not matter what country you are located in; US, UK, Canada, Australia or India. It is good to note that the cost of hosting services in most countries is generally a little more expensive in comparison to the same services in Canada and the United States. Specifically, American web hosts offer a much better value for money than any local hosting.

Hope this helps.

You can use Zoneedit, its free. All you have to do, is whenever your domain will clear out, create an account with ZOneedit, and change delegation to their nameservers. And BOb's the brother of your father.

No. You don't need DNS but if it won't add cost to you then get a DNS.