Pregnant women or mommies can you answer me one thing about your baby?

I am 27 weeks and 3 days pregnant.Yesterday I was at the OB/GYN and my baby is 2 weeks ahead,the doctor told me is normal,but i am worried why my baby is so big/

You pregnant women or mommies can you answer me how ahead is your baby or behind of last appointment?

Favorite Answer

It's normal for babies to grow at different rates both while in and out of the womb. The fact yours is growing a bit faster so is a bit larger than the average may be nothing to worry about...it may just mean you might have a slightly larger than average baby (the average weight is around 6 1/2-7 pounds). My DD measured a bit larger than average as well and was 8lb 11oz at birth, so not huge.

Have you been tested for pregnancy related diabetes yet? If not, it's possible that this could be the cause as diabetic mothers tend to have larger babies, but if you have and you were cleared of it, then it's more likely your son is just growing very well!

Source(s): Mom of 1; TTC#2 for 4 years

The day I was induced (40 weeks exactly), my OBGYN did an ultrasound to make sure she was head-down. I was told that day that my baby girl would be 8 1/2 lbs. When she was born 16 hours later, she only weighed 6 lbs. 8 3/4 oz.

Did your doc do an ultrasound, or did he just measure your fundal height? Fundal height isn't very accurate at all. There's so much to take into consideration- the amount of fat you have over your bump, amniotic fluid, etc. As for ultrasounds, ones done in the first trimester are much more accurate for determining size and gestational age. In the 2nd and 3rd trimesters, babies grow at varying rates- maybe a little more this week, but not so much the next.

Source(s): Labor and delivery nurse; mom of one.
  • My son was 4lbs, 12 ounces at a 31 week ultrasound. He ended up being 5 days over due and weighed 10.3 when he was born. And I did have him by vbac, so it is possible to deliver a big baby vaginally.

Now with this baby, at my 31 week appointment, I was measuring 34 weeks. Then at 33w, 5d I was measuring 34.5 weeks. So somehow the baby measured only half a week ahead. When before she measured 3 weeks ahead.

To be quite honest, I will not have a small baby. I don't have small babies but I just want her to be healthy. I am not concerned about delivering another big baby as my son conditioned my insides, so it will be easy to deliver this baby.

Worry about your baby being healthy and not its size.

Don't worry, they give an estimated date of delivery based on your last period but then can change it if the baby is measuring bigger or smaller. The date has to be flexible bc every women has different cycle lengths, ie 28 days in cycle, ect. My cycle is usually 25 days, so it changes when I ovulate. The doctor makes his date assuming your on a 28 day cycle, therefore ovulating and getting pregnant two weeks after you started your last period. The told me my son could be a week or two ahead and measuring large but he was 7 lbs 14 ounces, but quite tall 21 3/4 inches. He was born on one of the three dates they gave me.

The OB in my lamas class told us they can guess, but they can't really tell the size of the baby by how you look. Some women have more or less amniotic fluid, some women have more or less body fat. Don't worry, Your baby will come when he is ready and if he doesn't progress because of size you'll have a c-section. Either way there is nothing you can do about it so no sense in worrying about it.

If the Dr measured by fundal height than that's normal. Throughout all my pregnancies my babies have measured bigger or smaller by a week or two at different appointments throughout the pregnancy. The Dr's right and it is nothing to worry about.

And all my kids so far have been born an average size. Not too big and not too little :-)

Source(s): Mother of three with another bun in the oven!

Don't worry - I've read that only 5% of the women actually deliver on their dur date so majority deliver at different times. My sister was also born about 10 days earlier than expected and I was born about a week late (and was a BIG baby).

It differs from woman to woman - dont worry too much, though. Big baby is also fine.

my 1st i he was measuring big, at my US they placed him over 8 pounds at 37weeks and 2 weeks "ahead" he ened up coming late (41w4d) and was 9pounds 10oz

if there doing the tape measure and saying your 2 weeks ahead, then it COULD be lots of amnio (i had that) and/or the way the baby is laying

with this PG she seems to be smaller then he was at our US, with my son at 17 weeks they said he was 1pound 4 oz, but at our US with our girl were 20weeks and she measuring 11oz, witch seems smaller then anyone eles baby at the same timeframe in my PG fourum...

i wouldnt worry to much about the "ahead" or a earlyer baby

many times these measure ments are off.. also dosnt mean the baby will come sooner

also birthing a biger baby (10poundsISH) really isnt harder then birthing a smaller baby (7pounds)

Source(s): 16mth old son and 22weeks PG with girl

my baby when she was born she was 3 weeks ahead an over weight by 30 pounds but as she grew up became a Beautiful young women nothing to worry about he or she will be perfect.

THey don't really know. I was told I was ready at 38 weeks an i didn't have my son for 4 More weeks yes i was late.