Help me help my friend become a Christian?

I have this friend, he wants to become a Christian, he is asking people to help him, but he's very critical. He already told me that everyone who has tried to help him has just gotten mad and given up because he asks complicated questions and pokes holes in what they tell him. I want to help him so bad but I don't think I know enough about the bible to give him all of the answers he wants. Any advice?

Also if you are just looking to be rude or question my faith please DON'T BOTHER wasting either of our time answering this question

Favorite Answer

pray and seek God on this he will give you the words to speak

I am not a full Christian, I am mainly Agnostic, and I'll answer from my prospective. Any religious deaths, happened over sixty years ago, in which six million people died for being Jewish. Some people do however, kill people nowadays for their beliefs, but it is occasionally and they are run through the court system, and eventually prosecuted. Now, no deaths happen, he's protected under the first amendment, and no one can tell him otherwise. If he wants to be Christian, he can. He's not going to be looked down upon it, for the most part, people will love him a lot more for being it. I am Agnostic, and people have told my best friend not to talk to me, have told me to shut up whenever I am talking about my beliefs, and they are all Christians. That is why I remain not a Christian. Because they do NOT support you as being on the side about believing in God or not, they bash, and bash you, and as said in the Bible, to never do that. Make sure your friend is happy when he does turn Christian, and not just doing it to make people be quiet about his beliefs.

• Tirant

Depends on what sort of Christian you want him to be. If you want him to be a Fundamentalist Christian then start by getting him to be a self righteous, hypocritical, judgmental, ignorant bigot and you will be most of the way there... At that point just hit him in the head with something heavy enough to kill braincells but not so heavy you kill him and you are done!

For sane forms of Christianity - find a good clergyman for him to talk to... If he is a cynic make sure they know something about theology and science...

Let God do the converting. God does the "calling" - not people (see: John chapter 6, verse 44). Unless God does do the calling or election of your friend, you are just wasting both yours and his time. You will only make him angry at you and God. The Apostle Paul, takes this a little deeper in his explanation of why the non believer does not "believe" (see: Romans Chapter 11, verse 8 re:"stupor" and First Corinthians Chapter 2, verses 10 - 14). This should resolve your problem.

I think he is fooling around and wasting your time. If he really wanted to be a Christian he would do it.

But he is getting a whole lot of attention from this.

But for you to help him you might have to become one too then you could really help him by both going to the same church and learning together?

John 3:16 (Amplified Bible)

16For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten ([a]unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.

Make a conscious effort to speak these words from the very depths of your being. When you finish this prayer, you will be born again:

Heavenly Father, in the Name of Jesus, I present myself to You.

I pray and ask Jesus to be Lord over my life. I believe it in my heart, so I say it with my mouth: “Jesus has been raised from the dead.” This moment, I make Him the Lord over my life.

Jesus, come into my heart. I believe this moment that I am saved, I say it now: “I am reborn. I am a Christian. I am a child of Almighty God.”

Now, thank God for making you His child. Colossians 1:12 says, “Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light.” You have just been made a partaker of an inheritance from God. You have just inherited the kingdom of God!

Tell him to write his questions on paper and then go find the answers. from the bible or a pastor or parent.or yahoo search.

Why are you a Christian when you don't know enough about it to answer real questions? Have you ever answered your own questions? Religion is a pretty big self identifier. You should at least know what your talking about, and certainly worry about that before you worry about trying to get someone else to convert.

instead of blindly following ur religion.. its important to know.. why you follow ur religion.. try answering ur questions first.. then go out helping others.. there are misconceptions in bible.. try answering tht to yourself.. help others after tht..

• mimjoy

just keep praying for him and ask God to help you. but it sounds to me like he does not want to be a christian just to prove all christians wrong. I would suggest he reads the bible and asks Jesus to guide him all you can do is keep praying for him.

ask ur friend to ask those question in TRUE JESUS CHURCH. I think they could help since they able to answer my doubt.

check this website: www.tjc.org

may god bless u and ur friend..