Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 1 decade ago

TEENAGERS: How would you handle this? What and how would you tell him ... ?

I`m almost 17 and my boyfriend is 21. We`re very much in love and our love is very strong. :] I just have a little dilemma ... he doesn`t know I`m "legally" almost 15. I have a misprinted birth certificate that says I was born in `94 when I`m really born in `92. There`s no way of fixing it, either since the hospital lost my record. My parents also tried taking it to court (this was when I was 5) but unfortunately, the same year the court finally got around to it, we had a fire in our house that destroyed the proof I was really 5 and not 3 at the time. My problem is that my mom and dad will not back my story up because they don`t feel like explaining it. So basically they just tell everyone I`m 15 and not 17 so they don`t have to go into this whole story. Yeah, no reason in saying how shitty it is, I know. :/ I`m just afraid when I go to tell my BF that he is going to want conformation of this and there`s no way of giving him any.

Favorite Answer

If he loves you like you say he does then it should be fine when you tell him. Just explain it to him and tell him your sorry that you have nothing to prove it and he is just gonna have to trust you. Im sure it will go over fine. :)

but you ARE really 17. i dont see the problem. i mean it sucks for you when getting your license or when you turn 21. your parents should be able to get it fixed. there are birth records from hospitals that tell when you were born. they just have to call up the hospital you were born at. i really dont know why that is so hard to do. and really too. why would your parents just say you were 15. most people arent going to be like, "oh, let me see your daughters birth certificate" what difference does it make to them if you are17 and your birth certificate says you are 15? i dont see why your bf would care. it shouldnt matter. now if it were the other way around. yeah, he'd have a problem. its called statutory rape. just come clean with him and get the issue fixed!

Why would he want confirmation? You don't have to give it. Also, why lie about your age? This is one of the many problems that comes with it. If they truly accept you for you, they shouldn't care about age, unless the person is in college say 4th year and the person is in grade 10 then that would look weird. However just tell him you're really 15, explain if you have to, and if he believes you he believes you. If not whatever. He should accept whichever. Honestly 2 years less doesn't make a difference. Sorry about the hazard you went through for everything that bites. That's awful.

ok first of all tell him straight up listen i was born in 1992 but the hospital miss printed my paper and it says am 15 instead of 17 just basically tell him the whole story how you told us and tell him about your parents too and if he doesn't belive you than maybe he doesn't love you as much and besides tell your parents its not that hard and long to explain all they have to say is my daughter if 17 but the hospital miss printed her brith certificate so its says shes 15 and theres no way of fixing it that wasen't too long of a story wow five more words thats all it took. ALSO IF HE DOESN'T BELIVE YOU SHOULDN'T BE WITH HIM IN THE FIRST PLACE BECAUSE A MAN WHO DOESN'T TRUST YOU DOESN'T DESERVE YOU BUT IF YOU STILL WANNA BE WITH HIM TELL HIM YOU WANNA GO TO A DOCTOR??? THEY CAN TELL HOW OLD YOU ARE BY EXAMINING YOUR TEETH,YOUR SKIN AND YOUR BODY AND THAT WOULD BE PROVE FOR HIM AND YOU CAN EVEN TAKE THE DOCTOR'S PAPER TO COURT AND THAT WILL FIX YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE I WORK FOR THE COURT SO I KNOW.

If he really truly loves you then he'll believe you when you tell him the truth. WOW is all I have to say. You people read wrong, what she's saying is she's really 17, but her birth certificate says shes 15 people. Just tell him the whole sha - bang . Dont hold anything back. Maybe you can dig up some type of information that will help you.

Source(s): ♥ & ☮αυ ¢σηтяαιяє נє т'αιмєツ

wow very interestinq !

Just explain EVERYTHING to him ! Him beinq a guy be probably wouldn't understand or just brush you off, but if ya love is stronq then he would listen & accept your every word.

I hadd it worse.. when i was 15 the guy was 22 (he was a complete asshole, & i gave him a very special part of me, he stayed in the relationship for a year & some chanqe i had enough, i felt used for everythinq i had...) & for this reason thats why he's in my past. Anyways I really find your story interestinq !!!!! But yea the guy should totally understand & shouldn't see you any different.

Good Luck,

let me know how it works out

Is this true? Wow, that is REALLY sometthing! I think that I just tell him everything you told us. It's just a misunderstanding. You even have your parents as proof as they're really seventeen. If I were him, I'd be a little shocked, actually I'd be really shocked because I'm shocked right now, lol. That is horrible though.

the maturity level of a 21 year old and a 17 year old are way off... much less a 15 year old! Any 21 year old dating a 17 year old isnt worth your time anyway... find someone your own age or dont even date at all. live your life. be young, and dont tie yourself down.

• wow. your parents should back you up just because they don't fxcking feel like explaining it doesn't mean you have to lie about it. I would tell him the truth. i mean you obviously look older than 15. and if he doesn't believe you then that is his loss. he will know you are tellign the truth if you say that because as you said. you love him. good luck!

that really sux, its even worse than what i deal with, i was born on leapyear so evr1 makes fun of me, calling me a 3 yr old when im really 13