Anybody hear from Uncle Sam yet?

I usually get my Va check and Social check at the same time. Today I have got the VA but no SS. Yet. Anybody heard anything?

Maybe that's it. I check so seldom. She does the banking and it just didn't hit early enough today. Anyway I have her worried about it. Maybe she will slow down some.

It's 2:49PM on the first here.

• Jan
    Favorite Answer

My hubby gets his VA check on the first of the month and his SS on the 3rd

Some times they do come at the same time if either of those dates fall on the week end

I know this is chatting but I'm in Michigan and we are on the same time zone

I don't have to concern myself about such things yet. I won't start receiving SS benefits until next year.

But, I'm retired and am in the meantime receiving a small pension. I currently live off this pension and some interest earned from savings.

But, to my disbelief, I received (a few days ago) letter from my former employer. It seems that the IRS screwed up by instructing the people who generate my pension checks to reduce my tax deductions. I was, as a retiree, put under the "Making Work Pay Tax Credit" that all U.S.A. workers are currently benefiting from. But, all of a sudden, the IRS recognized that as a retiree, I'm not working, so I shouldn't get that tax break. So, now, the IRS wants it's money back. Although I pray nothing like this happens, I could conceivably be fined by the IRS at year end for not having paid enough taxes because of their stupid error. I'm shaking my head and wondering, what next.

I won't hear from him until the 3rd. I have my monthly checks deposited directly into my checking account. If the 3rd falls on a weekend, the check will be there on a Friday. Uncle Sam hasn't forgotten you. He's out being fitted for a new suit & hat, as the old ones are bare & tattered after all these years.

Uncle Sam has been depressed and crying his eyes out lately. He may be delayed a bit because his attention has been on what is going on in these United States recently. He will get those checks out to everyone but they will not come with his kind regards until we, as a people, correct what we have done to his beloved country.

Source(s): Texan

My SS check gets deposited on the 2nd, late at night, making it available on the 3rd.

My SS check is auto deposit from the 25th to the 29th. No VA.

Yes, my SS check was on time as usual...direct deposited into my checking account

Mine is done by direct deposit. It is always in the bank on time. And it is safe. No need to worry about mail theft or slow delivery or lost in the mail.

• Lynn

Mine usually comes on the 1st. So that is tomorrow. So I expect it

then. And just in time too. I need groceries!

• gggggg

I get mine on the 3rd and spent by the 4th