my friend was telling me that there is a back way to las vegas that goes through Baker?

there will most likely be traffic going back to Cali from Vegas on the 15 this weekend so I was just wondering.

• Favorite Answer

The 15 is pretty much the only way. alternate routes are hours longer

Source(s): rox

Just stick to the I-15. Although that route north of Baker (Hwy 127) is an option, unless you are familiar with these roads and others (like myself due to work), one wrong turn will send you the wrong way.

If you really want to take a different route, take the I-15 and in Barstow take the I-40 towards Needles (like you are going to Laughlin), then take the 95 north to Las Vegas.

If you are adventurous, take the I-10 east to:

1. Highway 62 (29 Palms Highway) to 29 Palms, turn left on Adobe Road (towards the Marine base), right on Amboy Road to the National Trails Highway, go east and stay on it or take Kelbaker Road to 1-40, then to Highway 95 north to Las Vegas.

OR

2. Highway 177 (Rice Road) to Highway 62 east, then at Vidal Junction, take Highway 95 north to Las Vegas. The price of gas at the market in Vidal Junction will pop your eyes out.

Source(s): Drive these other roads all the time for work (and pleasure).

yes Baker conects to Parhump and then take 140 east to Las Vegas.

Thsi can be a much longer trip as the roads in California to Parhump are mostly 2 lane roads.

But it can be done.

• Seti I

I just know the 15, i dont think there is another way back to calif. I know there is construction like rock blasting going on from 10am to 2pm so watch the news.

I 15 is the direct and fastest route

• Paco

As frustrating as it is, you probably won't beat the traffic on I15. It's a tiny road.

you can go through pahrump and baker but the roads stink. I wouldn't recomend it (I did it on a off road bike)