do you think if i cut my hair people will take me more SERIOUSLY AS A LESBIAN?(pics)?

pics of me in this question http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=ArFpN...

i just came out recently and its hard to find my identity, guys don't get the idea and think they can still have me and don't take me seriously.

if i cut my hair do you think people will take me more seriously, i already dress sporty alot

which do you think would look better?

I think you look nice with long hair, but you could pull of short hair too. I don't think you should do it to be taken seriously as a lesbian though, just if you like the look. Maybe guys will accept the fact that you're a lesbian more if you cut it short, maybe they are that shallow. But of course, short hair doesn't equal lesbian. I have short hair, and am a lesbian, and I don't think most people assume I'm a lesbian.... I think... lol... But yeah, guys and girls might embrace you more readily as a lesbian if you cut your hair short, but I don't think that's the best reason for doing it, especially as you already look nice with long hair. :)

In my honest opinion heres what i have to say:

I think your very very very pretty and EXTREMELY attractive (did i mention hot?) I for one think you should leave your hair long and sexy and smooth. It gives you that good sense of femininity, and it would be such a waste for you to cut your hair short, just so you can be taken seriously by guys! (When really it's the females you want to attract)

I mean think of ALL the women out there who are gay, who are DYING to find drop dead gorgeous girls like you? Trust me there are loads!

Just ignore guys who dont take you seriously, and whereever you go, just keep holding your girlfriend's hand with a ring on your marriage finger and one on hers too. That way they'l leave you alone. Or straight up tell them IM GAY, and im NOT attracted to you. Im sure they''l take you seriously.

Im not gay (a BIT bi-curious i guess) but i am a girl, with friends who are gay and like girls who can keep there feminine beauty.

you want a serious answer?? i dont think you should cut your hair, merely because guys dont get the idea. you should cut your hair out of pure choice. its your choice to cut your hair, and you shouldnt have to if you dont want to =]

if guys dont take you seriously, that is their own fault, and they'll feel like absolute idiots when you turn them down for a gal.

and plus, you look AMAZING with that beautiful hair you've got now =]

i cut my hair at the end of last year, and ever since if been called a dyke everyday. im gay, but i find it insulting.

its totally up to you, but cut it for the right reasons ok =]

*huggs*

• .....

Put it this way, there are a lot of femme lesbians and lots of people attracted to them (me for one). If you cut your hair, then yes, people are more likely to take you as a lesbian. But at the end of the day it's what you are happy with :)

Seriously? Don't cut your hair just to be taken "seriously" as a lesbian. Cut your hair because you want to. I have super long hair and I like it that way. I may not outwardly appear to be a lesbian and that's okay. It doesn't make me any less gay. Just be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

im not sure. but i love your hair now and i think u should stick to it. i mean having a haircut shouldnt be a way someone should take u seriously as u know. if they cant identify then thats them. if u realllyy wanna cut ur hair then do it, but u look gorgeous and i likee your long hair on u

there is no need to do anything like that if you dont want to.

im gay, and i am extreamly girly.

(pic) http://s934.photobucket.com/albums/ad181/LaceyLove...

and yeah, there are always the guys who will say, "seriously? but you dont look gay."

but thats only because when they think of a lesbian they think of a butch female. and they dont get that there can be very girly lesbians as well.

if you want to cut your hair, go for it. but its definatly not necessary.

and you are gorgeous by the way.

No leave ur hair it's really nice and it suits your look. I think it would look way better long and maybe wear a gay pride t-shirt or something to let ppl know ur gay i mean don't let those men harass you like that. If they don't leave u alone call the cops.

Source(s): Please dont cut ur hair.
  • Ariel

i know EXACTLY what you mean. Im gay with long wavy hair and people look at me and think 'straight'. its really annoying because guys hit on me and when i tell them im a lesbian, they either think im lying to get rid of them, or ask if id turn for them for one night (ugh!!)

anyway, to answer your question - yea i think people would take you more seriously as a lesbian with short hair, but dont do it for anyone but yourself. i think you'd look great with short hair, but at the same time i really love it long :)

Ha now I understand why quite many lesbians try to look like boys. It's for being taken seriously, ha!

Just dress whatever you like on yourself, that's better.