Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 1 decade ago

Would this tattoo be too difficult?

Here is what I would like to get-- Only the "8 1/2" as appears in the picture, on my lower back above the waist line, or on my ribcage, approximately the same size as is in the picture as well..

http://www.federicofellini.com/dvd/B00005QAPH.01.L...

I'm sure I have seen more detailed tattoos than this before, but for the size I am looking for would it be practically impossible to get all the details in sharply, especially on the "1" and "2, because those are smaller?

That's what I was hoping, that there would be a tattoo artist on here, but maybe I was foolish for thinking that someone of that qualification would actually be under the "tattoos" section of Yahoo Answers.

I will go to a few tat parlors and see what they think.. Thanks

Alea, your input is appreciated, but "pain" I do not mind, and "cost" I can afford.. The real kicker is having permanent ink in your skin, so if anything,THAT should be the reason to get a "beautiful tattoo." However, in terms of aesthetics, the symbol is more meaningful, beautiful, and profound to me than any other alternatives. The second part is good information, so thank you.

• Alea S
    Favorite Answer

1. I think that if you are going to do this and go through all the pain and cost, choose something beautiful, not numbers.

2. There is a good tattoo artist in the Netherlands, a woman, who does excellent tattoos. Hopefully one of your readers will know who I'm talking about.. I'm sorry I don't remember her name. (if I find it out, I'll come back to this posting. I have to ask a work colleague.) She actually takes the process over several steps. She does tune ups and follow-ups. If you get a tattoo done in only one shot, then the artist is not really professional.

• pooser

Contrary to preferred perception, such a lot tattoo artists are not making plenty of cash. You must are living in an field with a top call for for them. In order to be a tattoo artist you want an apprenticeship. The first 12 months or so of which you're going to customarily be the store gopher, doing some thing and the whole lot they are saying. You must be equipped to attract fairly good so train drawing daily. Start a portfolio. Have exceptional varieties of artwork in it: Japanese, useful, summary, tribal, and of direction historical institution tattoo designs. I do not know any tattoo keep that might deliver you a task in the event you shouldn't have tattoos. Get a host. Also, gain knowledge of the historical past of tattooing. When you suppose you are competent to go into the subject, and you are 18 (most department stores would possibly not mean you can in the event you don't seem to be 18 but) take your portfolio to an artist and ask them if you'll be able to apprentice underneath them. They'll customarily say no. It manner extra paintings for them. Be ready to be shot down more than one instances however do not quit. And if it is fairly what you desire, you will not. Good good fortune!

I don't think it would be too difficult, take it to your tattoo artist and see what they say. If they can't do it find someone who can. I'm sure a talented artist would be able to do it.

Source(s): My friend is a tattoo artist and I've seen her do more detailed things than that

It shouldnt be to hard. But fine a skilled tatoo artist to do it. My tattoo had more details then that one does.

You should shop this image around to tattoo artists and see what they have to say about it.

it shouldn't be.. tattoo artists are always doing tattoos with lots of detail.

if people can write names on rice.. i think someone can do those details.

• Willow

umm, you should be asking a professional these questions.

not ppl on Y/A.

cuz i can garantee all the answers you get will 100 percent WRONG.

unless a tattoo artist by chance answers your question.

• yea

• 10-T3

OK ; YOU GOT THE SIZE , WHAT ABOUT THE THE GIRTH .