what is your take on gays?

what is your take on gays in the military?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I was in the military ( albeit, NOT in the US) and no one cared. In the country I served, the only requirement is the desire to defend your country and the citizenry.

The US should pay attention to other countries around the world.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Gays have no place in the US Military

The last thing the US Military needs is some flammer trying to get comfortable with his sexuality in the middle of combat.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I have no take on it, they have been doing the Job all this time, why is it a problem now that they came out and said they are gay, or was called out as gay. I think they should have a right to fight for the country as everyone else.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

My take is that sexual orientation really has nothing to do with being in the military.

Gay or straight, I believe anyone is able to be in the military if they so choose.

And anyone who can be open about their heterosexuality while in the military (such as telling the other people about their spouses/partners) should be willing to hear anyone else be as equally open about their sexuality.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

a soldiers ability to fight is not affected by their attraction to a specific gender, if a soldier has a problem fighting along side someone with such irrelevant differences than their mind set should disqualify them from military service.

@HaiThang; the american military follows the policy of "don't ask don't tell" which essentially requires openly homosexual soldiers to be discharged. countless qualified, patriotic, productive individuals have been essentially fired already under the policy

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

We are all equal and human. It's not just a moral issue but a constitutional issue. Homosexuals are tax paying people. In my opinion, they should be able to get married and be in the military. It's not fair to dictate how someone should run their lives because America thinks its not right.

• 1 decade ago

Everyone is equal, what's up with being gay in the military?

• 1 decade ago

i have somthing against the military and wouldnt join anyways

• 1 decade ago

Gays are just like anyone else in America...They're just as good as any straight person, so I think they should be welcome.

Source(s): My opinion.
  • 1 decade ago

hell y not they r ppl to they can be in the MILITARY,,

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.