Gender therapists-Shelly Norton and Janet Lewis-anyone had one of them as a therapist? What were they like?

So I've been considering gender therapy for a while. I found a list of therapists in my area on a transgender website I frequent, and cross-referenced it with a list of therapists my insurance covered. I got those 2 names. I want to know if anyone has had either of them as gender therapists before, and what their experience was? I have heard some horror stories about gender therapy and would like to get it right the first time. -_-'

Thanks!

I actually did post this on Susan's, but I didn't get any answers so I thought I'd try here.

And yes I am in oregon.

Favorite Answer

I know a Shelly Norton in gender therapy. Where are we talking here? Oregon or some other place?

I want to add I've never seen her as a client, just talked with her as an aspiring professional.

Ah. Well I liked her. We agreed on philosphies for the most part and only disagreed on minor things. I would have gone to her as a client. She seemed like she would have been the right kind of person for me. But that's for me.

I went to seven different therapists and had to relocate twice before I found someone I liked well enough to stick with for a long time. But I was difficult, and I know not everyone has the luxury of being able to pick up and move to a different city to search.

Try a session or two with both of them and then decide which one you like better. Since your going to be seeing them for a while find someone your comfortable with, but will help you work towards your goal. Its very difficult and stressful to switch therapists as you basically start out at square one.

ill talk to ya for free dont waste your money on someone like that there just gonna tell you the same ol **** about how everyone is beautiful in there own special way

NO