11 month old chihuahua thats still scared to jump?

my little chihuahua was the runt out of the bunch. ive had him since he was about 2 and a half months well since ive had him he has not jumped on anything. hes really scared i guess he wont jump up or down from the couch, bed etc. he will sit there and cry for me to pick him up he some what tries to jump but not really with any effort. He is small only 4 pounds but i also have another chihuahua that is around the same size as him and he jumps on anything and everything. lol i guess what im asking ... Is this normal maybe because he was the runt or does he have a problem??

• Chetco
    Favorite Answer

Have you had the vet check your little dog? My own Chihuahua has luxating patellas ( slipping knee caps) which is a VERY common problem with Chihuahuas. Luxating patellas make it painful to jump.

This is common with Poms, Yorkies, Papillons and Chihuahuas.

Source(s): btdt

All dogs are different.My Chihuahua is insane.She jumps around lke a gazelle or a monkey! She leaps and flies and bounces,she is crazy! She is 5 lbs,but she has quite sturdy legs for a Chi,for which I am thankful,as if she had those skinny,dainty legs that some Chis have,she surely would have broken them by now! Your dog will jump when he feels confident enough,but since he is so little,it isn't a big deal for you to have to pick him up.

Some dogs take longer, just give the baby some time, and he may have done it once without you seeing him and it may hurt him and now he is afraid.

Some dogs never are jumpers, just wait.......if not,then you will just have to love the baby for who he is, a small dog that does not want to learn to fly..LOL

Good luck