What does this qoute mean?

Freedom is the ability to affect change in one's own life.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • meka g
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Freedom is the the right to enjoy all the privileges or special rights without getting in trouble for it. A person can affect change by freedom of speech, or assembly. You can affect change in your life by standing up for yourself and fighting for what you believe in and if you do it can affect/change your life completely making you a better person inside and out. Thats what i think it means. You are free to choose what path you want to take in life for good or for worse and even though you have outsiders such as your parents and teachers telling you what to do its up to you to do what your heart tells you. Your freedom is being able to control yourself.

• 1 decade ago

I would say that every action you choose to make, has an equal and opposite reaction to the way you run your life. Example, if you make a poor decision, it either has the ability to affect your life in a positive way (by correcting that behavior for future endeavors) or in a negative way (continuing that action to get yourself in more trouble). It all depends on your own perception. Freedom to change.

• 1 decade ago

Its the basic concept of freedom in a social setting. Everyone is free to do what they will with their own bodies and possessions without interfering with the other members of the society ability to do the same.

I believe this is the thought the founding fathers had in mind when they wrote the constitution.

• 1 decade ago

It means that people who have the ability to make their own decisions about their lives in a culture that offers choices are experiencing freedom. Unlike some cultures where choices are limited and only available to women (for example) if their husbands/fathers approve.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

this speaks of personal freedom. Change is constentley happening. It is what everything is made of. Change. So when they say affect change they mean to exist. Freedom is the right to exist in you own "one's" life. If you dont have the right to make action to have choice you are not free. There are rules that keep us free and excesive rules that keep us bound to keep others free. We are so over populated, its a mess and we loose are freedom to keep everyone at a dull point of...ok I exist, I breath, I pay taxes... Probly over steped your question. But yes the def of freedom is a deep one.

• 1 decade ago

It means that your freedom of choice and those choice you make can either change your life for the better or for the worst.

• 1 decade ago

it means that if your not tied down on anything

that your freedom can affect you in a great way

just depends

• 1 decade ago

being free to make your own choices and decisions is real freedom!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It means that if you can control your life you are truly free.

....although, I highly disagree with this quote.A word like "freedom" shouldn't be that simple.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

when you have freedom you have the right to do watever you want with you life

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.