Was I wrong to call the cops on my husband?

I caught my husband at a woman's house getting drunk. We had been fighting and I had not seen him in 24 hours. When I pulled up behind his car, I could hear him and the woman laughing. They saw me and here he came down off the porch to tell me I needed to leave. I ask him why was he there and was he having sex with her, he said yes he was having sex with her, he said it loud and clear.The woman never said as much as hello and yes, she knows me well. I was so upset that I called the police and told them where he was. He had a warrant for his arrest and I knew it. HE spent 24 hours in jail. He was saving up the money to pay the fine and was gonna turn himself in. I couldn't bare the thought of him being with that woman. I wanted him away from her so bad I'd rather him be in jail then to stay there with her.How bad am I for doing that? He won't speak to me. Now he also deny's having anything to do with her, other then chit chattin.

He intentually hurt me by telling me he had sex wih this woman. so yes I intentually hurt him back which makes what I did no worse then what he did! Also because of the warrent, he has no drivers license, no real job. He put his life on hold to avoid the cops. He was stressing all the time over the warrent. after thinking and reading ur comments. I think I did him a favor. He has it all behind him now and can move past it. Now he can work on getting his life back. his drivers license etc. Open ur minds..What a pain to carry this around with him for a year..he was never gonna pay the thing. He had the money many times. Just thought I'd see ur opinions..and thank you for answering.

Favorite Answer

o-kay... but why did you have to call the cops?

Im sure looking back, you wish you would have gone about the situation differently but in the heat of the moment I think most women would have done the exact same thing. Bottom line is... stop feeling guilty. Stop thinking "i should have, could have, etc" He will only try to put the guilty feelings on you to draw attention away from what he has done wrong to you. I know it is easier said than done when you love someone but PLEASE get away from this guy. It will be hard at first but you WILL get past it. I did with the same similar situation. A new man will come along that doesnt have all this drama and bs and will make you feel like a princess everyday. Don't waste any more time stressing over this loser. What is he gonna do next...bring home an STD?? A loving person deserves to be with you. In the meantime take yourself out to lunch, get a new haircut, pedicure etc . Pick up a new hobby or talent. Focus on becoming a better you and let him see what he missed out on. Get away from this guy. He WILL do this to you again.

first ingredient you probably did incorrect is killing your self and shortening the time you have got with your spouse and childrens by ability of smoking. stop for them. Throwing rocks is a bad concept. next time in basic terms stomp on the floor incredibly now troublesome or throw your cigarette on the abode. He possibly don't have stated as yet what could you have finished? your son in basic terms threw a rock at your place. and he's the dad. he gets to end the verbal replace. no longer you. admire and honoring those above you will consistently carry approximately success. edit: and you're greater advantageous than Hooters. i does no longer say stop, yet do no longer settle for that.

DAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaMMMMMMMN!!!!!!!!! You know I would like to think if I was in that situation I would do it differently.. But I wouldn't... Even if he was in the house with her chit chattin...thats wrong.. when you are married you do not sit in ahouse with another woman and chit chat...and since the woman didn't say anything to you, proves they were doing something wrong..whether they had sex or were planning on it... So screw him,,, if he tries to make you feel guilty, tell him he got it coming...and to be a man and pay for his mistakes... you let him know if he tries to mess with you, you will not hold back.. on that note he might run like a *****.. but seriously,... do you want a guy like that in your life?????? (way easier written or said then done...trust me from experience)

No you did the right thing girl to think that he has the nerve to tell yo that he was having sex with that girl meaning he is not giving a damm about how you feel. You just get even the next time he will have second thoughts to belittle you.

Great work. He deserved it. He brought it on himself. If he has anyone to blame or be mad at, it should be himself. No one told him to be a cheater. Just be careful when he gets out. He may have revenge on his mind. Be ready to call the cops in case he tries anything stupid. We need more women like you to give some men a wake-up call. I wish you the best.

In a way yes but he was wrong to be cheating as well. Re-think your priorities. DO you want to be with someone who disrespects you and tells you he;s with another woman. and you are fighting. SO you are stressing and he's having fun. This is a crazy situation.. You deserve more .. Try and work it out if you must but #1 is loving yourself. Good luck

I think that you are both wrong. You stated that the two of you had been fighting prior. He said he was having sex with her loud and clear because he wanted to hurt you. And it worked. But it backfired. Personally, I just think he went to where he knew the booze would be flowing, and that's it. He will get tired of not talking to you and you should let this go as well.

me personally, i thought that was a good move cause if he had the balls to say that in your face that he was sleeping with her, then he deserves for you to call the cops on him. dont let any man talk to you like that. good job for getting even. he's got a warrant on him, he better be more nice to ladies, i bet he wil think twice next time he speaks to you. some ppl might say you are a hater but dont listen to them cause you did a great job standing up for yourself.

well he had to spend time in jail anyways, regardless of whether u called the cops or not.

But now cause u called them he can blame u for it. So yes u did give him another excuse to go against you. With his mentality thats what he would think.

You haven't learned yet that 2 wrongs will never make 1 right. He was wrong but you are worse for doing wrong and deliberately trying to hurt him in some way to feel your pain. That did not help the situation in any way. Your cheating husband nor your pain.