Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 decade ago

Where's the best place to watch 30 year, fixed rate FHA APRs?

I've been offered a loan at 5.5%, but want to look at the rates daily, and as I get closer to a contract being accepted. Thanks.

I ment to write APY not APR. I never said I was switching lenders, I just wanted to see if the rates are going higher. I can't lock anything until I get an accepted contract. I also never said I was quibbling over at 1/4 of a percent. All I asked was a place to check rates. People need to read, stick to the question asked and stop pontificating on made up points. Jeez.

• godged
    Favorite Answer

There are tons of websites that track mortgage interest rates, you can check every 5 minutes if you want. The best place to check is with your local mortgage lender. The local mortgage lenders I recommend to my clients kick the pants off the internet lenders in interest rate and closing costs.

Source(s): Oregon Realtor
  • kc

You are wanting to chase a rate that won't change much. Finding a lower rate will mean a delay in the process because you will have to go through the approval process again. Ask your mortgage agent to keep an eye out for a lower rate. My mortgage guy let me know that the rate dropped and I didn't have to do anything. He has been in the business for years and gets customers via referrals from former clients.

Sellers don't like it when you change lenders and they could drop your contract and find another buyer. You are getting a great, competitive rate and it is a historically low rate.

FHA Rates, from reputable lenders, are comparable to each other because the Feds have a large role in setting the rate. In general, the rate is .5% above the 30 year fixed rate.

If going through a bank, go to their website and see if they have FHA rates published.

You could end up screwing yourself penny pinching over an 1/8th of a point. Rates have gone up in the past month or so. You should lock in at 5.5%. If rates go down the lender can float the rate down but if they go up the rate can't be any higher than 5.5%. Also, your payments are based on Interest Rates not APR. APR will always be higher than your interest rate. APR includes all monies involved with the loan and shows true return to lender (includes closing costs, up front MI, etc.........)

It takes 7 seconds for YAnswers page to load for me to be able to click on [add your answer] button. does this mean my laptop is slow??

no