Am I superficial if I don't want to marry a poor man?

With a poor husband, I can't morally have as many kids as I want.

• PeteR
    Favorite Answer

No.

that is not the reason u don't want to marry a poor man and its not because you are materialistic either. NOBODY WANTS to marry a poor man, its just that unfortunately no one can CHOOSE who they will fall in love with. Falling in love is not an act of the human will, is not wthin our control and does not happen because we decide for it to. Its more like a human "condition" which some folks call "love--sick" which is why they say FALL in love which implies we have no say in the matter whatsoever and because we don't, some of us marry poor losers and in doing so become miserably indignant martyrs because usually that "in love" feeling fades and comes to not and sooner than u think at that! One must assume that people marry because they have fallen in love but that's not very practical now is it? It is in fact stupid to marry a poor man even if you're in love. Women instinctivly are interested in PROVISION and PROTECTION when considering a potential life-long partner. I advise u to shoot for the best: From now on say this out loud and beleive it--I will fall in love with a man who is proud he is able to take care of his family well. hows that?

It's absolutely not superficial. Who wants to be poor? But if you'd only marry a rich guy, then that's a totally different story.

Obviously the people that have answered this ?? so far are rich! hahah

I dont think your superficial...obviously there are things that he cant provide for you like you see fit. I understand lack of money, lack of insurance, lack of everything you need let alone want!

Im in the same boat and it sucks you go between but i love him and we could make it work to but I deserve better and I dont want to give up the hopes of a good life. It sucks.

I dont think you should rush into it, I think if he is not pulling his weight thats an issue, he needs to be a partner not a couch sitter.

I think you deserve better, and dont get me wrong you need to contribute too but he cant expect to have a free ride.

Not to mention that it sucks to be fighting about money all the time and worrying about if your going to be able to pay the bills from month to month...

You can do better, he can do better for you, if he loves you he needs to step up his game and get off his *** and get out there and get a job...one that pays the bills and offers insurance!!!!

Dont fall into the love trap..lately i have been realizing that love is not everything (even though I have thought so my entire life...)

No one can judge you until they have lived it.

well, yeah you are being superficial. but that's okay. at least you are thinking about a higher purpose. just because your husband might be poor doesn't necessarily mean that you're going to be poor, too. if you love him, you can help him get back on his feet and be successful. but of course this is just a case scenario...

Yeah, you are. But aren't we all? I sure as hell won't marry a woman I can't stand to look at; I also won't marry a woman who will need to rely on me completely emotionally/financially. Justify it any way you want, but I don't want my life to be more difficult or complicated than it has to be. Of course, when love comes around, you'll have no choice, but when looking for a possible wife/husband, rationalizing things like that is helpful.

Nothing wrong with that. You dont want a poor one and I dont want an ugly one. I cant have kids with him coz I cant have sex with a guy Im not attracted to. I say aim high and dont settle or you will just end up very unhappy. Better you be alone with your own money and I be alone without some ugly guy sitting on my couch than we be stuck with ugly poor men who are insecure and inadequate.

No people love a guy who has attractive features marrying a man for his looks is just as superficial lets face it a man with money is extremely sexy because he can take care of him self so he can therefore in a womens mind take care of you.

You should first ask yourself why you want to have "as many kids" as you want? Where there is a will, there is a way. Struggle brings people closer together. Love and financial security are not the same things, but seems to be the "new love" Sad i thinkz

No u just realistic with a standard. Most women wants to find their equal when it comes to finances or someone who earns more than them..so that her life style is improved not diminished

sometimes only women that is really well off goes for a poorer man

In the eyes of society, this may make you seem superficial, but in your own eyes, you can see it as either this or just a wise decision you have thought through; I assume you were considering long-term goals and happiness?