Brayden asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

Read below or just answer. Do republicans hate Obama because he disagrees with them?

This is a man who was raised on food stamps, had no father in his life, has faced people who told him no at every turn. He didn't have 'Clinton' as a last name the same way he didn't have Mitt Romney's 200 million+ in assets to help him. Yet, he crushed them all and look where he is?

He deserves some degree of respect. Show some decency, if nothing else other than to save face.

If you wish to hate someone because they don't have the same views as you, OK, Fine. Whatever. But just to accuse anyone you don't like of being a terrorist? Character Assassination? This public discourse is disgraceful.

Not to 'play the race card'///which is just code for: "don't call us raicst out on our racism" and making the racist seem like the victims...but Sarah Palin is White, Obama, Half Kenyan...humm. I'd say that is more than inane dichotomy, what about you?

It just shows a real lack of character when republicans inculcate these fallacies especially when there is NO evidence to base them on.

Be ambivalent, or even harbors dislike for the discourse Obama has directed the nation towards, go ahead...But, even if you disagree with Obama, that doesn't mean you have warrant to manifest LIES to not only yourself, but others when it's only wishful thinking, on your part, that makes you believe obama is a terrorist or the like. You hit the roof when People attacked Palin...but Obama's fair game because he's black?

I know Republicans say they're not racist, and I'm willing at least try to afford them this. However, I don't think the majority of America will take so kindly to all of the 'pickin' on the black guy' that's going on. It will catch up with them. It already has.

It is much easier to be critical than to be correct.

~Benjamin Disraeli

BigDog, I meant hillary clinton in the 2008 election. I know Bill clinton came from an abusive family in the middle of nowhere and got the same mud slug at him as Obama. This is nothing new.

So, mistrust towards arabs?

It's STILL racism and/or willful ignorance

Favorite Answer

I know I'm in late but I just read this thanks to lawgirl.

I believe Bill Maher said it best when he said "I'm not saying all Republicans are racist. I'm just saying if you're a racist, you are probably a Republican."

I am currently experiencing buyers remorse on my vote for Obama.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't have voted for McCain, in fact I have a pretty good feeling that all politicians are selling us out.

By the way, if you haven't figured it out yet, pulling the race card is wearing pretty thin on a lot of people (this goes for both parties), but specifically those who equate not agreeing with the president to being a racist. Take my advice as someone who voted for Obama, name calling and brow beating isn't going to help this country.

Edit:

Not trusting Arab's doesn't make you a racist. Have you been following world events for the last 20 or so years?

After the first sentence I realized you don't know what your talking about. His mother was on food stamps for a short time while she went to school. He has grown up middle class. Not some poor kid from Chicago. Obama has never heard my opinion on issues nor would he care. However, I have heard his ideas and what he supports. I disagree with him. Hate used to be a strong word and is loosing it's meaning because Liberals toss it around so much it has lost it's value. You guys see hate and racism everywhere. I see a disagreement of ideas on where my country is going.

You're a long-winded libiot. You could have saved a lot of keystrokes by just typing "You aren't allowed to disagree with Obama because he's black, and no matter what reason you have to disagree with him, we libiot Obama supporters will try to bully you into silence by calling you racist."

Obama's wrong, and if he was red, brown, yellow, lily-white, plaid or polka-dotted he'd be just as wrong, and I'd disagree with him just as much.

I've listened to both sides, and it seems to me that the only people who care about Obama's race more than the content of his character are Obama's supporters -- THEY are the only ones who want to make it all about race, race, race, and it's Obama's supporters who are judging everybody else's reasons and motives by the color of their skin.

And THAT sounds pretty RACIST to me, you Obama race-mongers.

poopsie should get the 5 stars for Best Answer. Btw poopsie, didn't you just give yourself 11 reasons why you should leave the Dumocrat Party?

I would hate anyone with his level of power and economic views, regardless of race. And speaking of race, didn't Obama call a white cop who was doing his job a racist, for arresting a black man who was actually breaking the law? Or another race question for liberals, why can sotomyor make comments about race, in a negative way towards whites, but Glen Beck (not of fan of him personally) can't say Obama is a racist with out almost losing his job? Liberals?

I don't know of anyone who has said they hate Obama. Who has said that? What I hear is a lot of angry hard working middle class people who are wondering if they will be able to recover from the multitude of entitlements being handed out to irresponsible people by our government.

Medicare, social security, Workman's comp, food stamps, welfare, unemployment payments along with the handouts to irresponsible corporations are bankrupting our nation.

Obama became prominent by riding the affirmative action gravy train and discovered he could become powerful by handing out government money to groups that provide no social benefit to the whole of society. Hard working people have seen there homes and 401Ks loose half of there value while irresponsible people and corporations are getting handouts from our government.

Putting it simply, taking money from productive people and handing it out to the unproductive really pi****ses the productive people off.

I know of no one who gives a rats behind where Obama's father was born but they do care what the government does with their hard earned money.

Source(s): Life

Birds fly to trees

Dogs run in grass

The sun shines in the sky

Republicans hate demacrats.

Water flows in the river.

Demacrats hate republicans.

Lions eat antilopes.

It's just thier nature.

any mistrust related to race is not because he is black. there have been countless african-americans who have been true american heroes. i think some people are a little concerned about "hussein". i mean, there could be somebody named barack obama fighting our troops in iraq right now, just saying.... i'm sure the brits had a bunch of george washingtons in 1776....

No hate here, he is simply in way over his head. Raised on food stamps? When, while in Harvard or as the community dis-organizer who was in business with convict Rezco?

He's an outright liar that has been found out but still refuses to accept the fact that the majority of Americans despise his agenda not his colour.

The reason he 'crushed' Clinton and McCain was through Chicago Politics, discredit or lie to your opponent.

As a community organizer, he had helped register thousands of voters. But when it came time to run for office, he employed Chicago rules to invalidate the voting petition signatures of three of his challengers.

The move denied each of them, including incumbent Alice Palmer, a longtime Chicago activist, a place on the ballot. It cleared the way for Obama to run unopposed on the Democratic ticket in a heavily Democrat district.