Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

What is the most pain free way to give birth?

i am 6 weeks planing ahead

i dont want to use any drugs

im 19 allmost 20 friday

Favorite Answer

This might sound crazy, but hear me out. I too was scared of childbirth so much that I'd have mini anxiety attacks about it! Then I started reading different things, and I changed my mind. I read all about 'freebirthing,' which is when women go through their whole pregnancy/delivery without medical assistance. Like I said, Crazy. I would never do this, but their REASONS for it made me rethink childbirth, and now I've decided to go drug free and do a water birth at the hospital. Basically they show you WHY women freak out and tense up, (horror stories, fear of pain, etc) and explain that/how your body is actually MEANT to give birth. It's not a medical emergency (normal pregnancies), like people think of it now. They show you how to work WITH your body, work with contractions, etc, and how to relax so that labor goes smoother and you experience less pain. Anyway, it really eased my concerns, by showing me how natural it can be/is. I'd definitely read up on it, but I dont recommend the whole 'no medical help whatsoever' part!

freebirth.org is a good place to start.

Have you seen Ricki Lake's documentary, The Business of Being Born? It discusses natural childbirth and would probably have some answers for you. Natural childbirth is definitely not pain-free but hiring a Doula or Midwife can help tremendously in reaching your goal of a drug-free delivery.

Without Drugs????

This will vary from person to person. Which method works for you will not work for others.

Look into hypnobirth, and waterbirthing. I'm sure there are more but that is all that comes to mind right now.

i fear the same as you and we both need to accept that there isnt one. i watched all the videos in babycenter.com and thought after i watch them i will know what i want to do, nope, im even more confused. everyone keeps telling me once you see the baby you wont even think about the pain. it all depends on the doctor and how you are when the time is close. talk to your ob and explain your concerns, shell reassure you that youll be fine.

good luck!

• at the moment, there is no other way to give birth pain free without meds. the epidural does not harm the baby in any way!! look into that!

Source(s): 20yr, pregnant with baby#1

Your out of luck!