Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 decade ago

Is it a Sin to kill someone if....?

If someone came to your house, against your will, threatend to kill you and your family if you call the cops, or didnt give him moneym, and you know that he will be back for more. Would that be a sin? And whould you get in trouble with the police?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You really ought to understand the prohibition.

The commandment states "Thou shalt not murder." It does not state "Thou shalt not kill."

The case is not all that clear cut. Had you said that the fellow was pointing a gun at you, then you would be perfectly within your rights to shoot him.

• 1 decade ago

Murder is still murder regardless of the circumstances. Taking the life of another human being is STILL murder, you can't dress it up with other words.

The bible and the 10 commandments says that you put God before all other possessions, this includes all things material and physical-- your family and your money. IF you're a true Christian then you shouldn't fear death anyway-- because in your heart you know that you will stand before God after you've died.

The bible is never justification for committing any crime-- if it was we could stone people to death rather than waiting on the failed American Justice system to acquit every murderer out there.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No, its not a sin. Islam preaches self defense.

But If you go to your neighbor's house, against his will, kill him, its not allowed and this sin can not be forgiven if the person does not repent before his death. No matter whatever was the religion of murdered person, the murderer will never enter Heavens.

Quran says:

5:32 if anyone slays a human being-unless it be [in punishment] for murder or for spreading corruption on earth-it shall be as though he had slain all mankind; whereas, if anyone saves a life, it shall be as though he had saved the lives of all mankind.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You're arguing man-made law against "divine" law...

You don't get in trouble with the police for sinning, you get in trouble for breaking the law. These are two completely separate things.

Regardless of whatever situation you find yourself in, if you're a Christian and you commit murder, it's a sin. By being Christian, you choose to follow the commandments, one of which is "Thou shalt not kill" Simple.

Source(s): Common sense.
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It would be against the law of the land, but in saying that I don't doubt if the police couldn't help me I would defend my family to the death, and yes I would take them out!

As for a sin? I don't believe in god so I suppose my answer is null and void.

• 1 decade ago

Peace be on to you,

Ofcourse NOT! Simple answer. If someone is rapping your sister or wife or mother in the front of you, would come near to him and say :"Hello dude! How you doing? Can you please leave my wife/sis/mom alone. Pretty please?!"

Ofcourse not! You would probably hit him with whatever is nearby you (pipe, rod etc) I am posting a verse from Holy book Qur'an below.

“The one who kills an innocent person, it would be as if he killed the whole of mankind: and if any one saved a life, it would be as if he saved the life of the whole of mankind.” [Al-Qur’an 5:32]

According to the verse above it is said if you killed an innocent one so you killed the whole humankind & if you saved any life so it is like you saved whole humankind. Killing any threating person isn't sin. And saving innoncent is precious deed according to the verse above. So if you saved any innocent life by killing bad guy so probably you would receive reward because what you did is washed the bad & remained the clean.

Thanks,

Hope I answered!

• 1 decade ago

Islam is clear on this matter, that they must be killed:

Islam preaches to its followers that they must kill Jews and Christians.

"Surely the true religion with Allah is Islam and whoever disbelieves in the communications of Allah then surely Allah is quick in reckoning." - Sura 3:19

"Be not weak in pursuit of the enemy." - Sura 4:104

"If they reject your judgment, know that it is Allah's wish to scourge them for their sins." - Sura 5:49

"O you who believe (Muslims)! Do not take the Jews and the Christians for friends; they are friends of each other; and whosoever among you takes them for a friend, then surely shall become one of their number; surely Allah does not guide (those Jewish and Christian) people." - Sura 5:51

In addition, see how progressive Islam really is:

The Prophet is fair to all genders:

Zayd, Muhammad's adopted son said, Tabari I:280: "Because Allah afflicted Eve, all of the women of the world menstruate and are stupid."

Tabari IX:113: “Treat women well for they are like domestic animals and they possess nothing in themselves. Allah has made the enjoyment of their bodies lawful in his Qur’an.”

The prophet looks beyond people's skin pigmentation:

Ishaq:243: "I heard the Apostle say: ‘whoever wants to see Satan should look at Nabtal!' He was a black man with long flowing hair, inflamed eyes, and dark ruddy cheeks….

Allah sent down concerning him: ‘To those who annoy the Prophet there is a painful punishment." [Sura 9:61] "Gabriel came to Muhammad and said, ‘If a black man comes to you his heart is more gross than a donkey's.'"

• 1 decade ago

don't go kill him. you'll pay for that to God and the cops. but there is nothing wrong with protecting your self and your family. if this person comes back tell him to leave and nothing will happen. if he refuses and continues to make threats you keep telling him to leave. and if he gets violent and you really do feel threatened, kill him. if you really feel you and your family are in danger and he has something like a gun a knife or like that and tries to use them. men of God in the bible killed the enemy because they threatened there life. God wants us to protect our family.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

You are only allowed to kill in defence of the innocent, not to keep your money. If that person was about to kill your family, and there was no non-lethal method to reliably stop him/her, then you could kill him/her.

And it depends on your state for the police.

• 1 decade ago

Call the Police and report it.

If the person comes into your house and you can prove he was a threat, you can shoot them but you will have to prove they meant to hurt you or your family.

If you know they are coming back, why not tell the police?

Rev. TomCat

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.