Why do protestant and anti-catholics just can't understand catholics?

It would take a miracle to let a anti-catholic show that we do believe in christ.

Eucharist don't seem biblical too you?

Favorite Answer

One of the true believers

So you are a Catholic. - I am too.

How can the Protestant understand us Catholics when in fact they themselves don't agree with each other.

It would take a miracle to let a anti-catholic show that we do believe in christ. - Why should they do? We are marked by whom we are preaching for? Do they not see & hear that it is Jesus Christ that we are preaching.

If you mean we also believe in Mary & Saint. Will this I can say Mary was the mother of Jesus Christ that we awe Her the gratitude of being the mother of Christ our Lord. For Saints - They are the trophy of the Catholic church. They are the witnesses that the Catholic Church is triumphant in His battle again the principalities of this world. They are also called the hero of the Catholic Church.

Annie : Are using the name of the Catholic so that you can bombard us with what you think Catholic is.

I am a Catholic and I am proud to be one. This is what I believe perhaps this is the reason why I am still a Catholic.

The Catholic believe that Jesus was the one promised to save the world and no one else. Gen 3:15 - I will put enmity between you(devil) and the woman(Mary), and between your offspring (devil followers) and hers (Christian & people of God); He(Jesus Christ) will strike at your head, while you strike at His heel. As the fulfillment to this in John 3:16: For God(Father) so love the world(us) that He give His only Son(Jesus Christ) ... How ?

Acts 2:23 - This Man(Jesus) was handed over to you by God's set purpose and foreknowledge; and you, with the help of wicked men, put him to death by nailing Him to the cross.

In this cross Jesus blood was shade for the forgiveness for all

Jesus said in Matthew 26:28 :- This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. If we go back few lines in Matthew 26: 26-27 - 26 While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take and eat; this is my body."

27 Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, "Drink from it, all of you. 28 This is my blood of the[b] covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. Annie perhaps you did not remember this. This is the essence of the Holy Mass. Every time that Holy Mass is celebrated we commemorate Jesus dying & shading of Blood on the cross for the forgiveness of sin. Without this there will be no Mass...

true relationship between a Holy God who demanded atonement for sin and his creatures (us) can be attained in a variety of ways and can be supplemented by good works as a mean to salvation.

This is a Catholic point of view: The atonement for sin between God & man was already made by Jesus Christ upon His death on the Cross. ( see the above). Since we are human and subject to sinful nature so from time to time we commit sin. Sin is the hindrance or blockage for entering heaven. This is why Jesus instituted the Sacrament of reconciliation. Matthew 16:19 - I will give you the keys to the Kingdom of heaven. * Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loose in heaven. A Catholic can not be forgiven unless he will ask for forgiveness. Good works or charity is necessary to all Catholic but it is not there to replace of the Sacrament of reconciliation which is to forgive sin. metaphor - You can't satisfy your thirst by changing your clothes.

The Catholic is the only Christian that bring the banner of the cross of Christ. If you remember (presuming that you were Catholic ones) before you pray you have to make the sign of the cross. So for the Catholics this is how meaningful the death of Christ on cross is to us. The sign of the cross keep on reminding us that because of the Love of God; Jesus died & shade His blood on the cross to save us sinners. That through the death of Jesus on cross we are reconciled back to God.

Thank you Annie for your statement that I was able to express what the Catholic belief about the cross of Christ.

This is what Catholic believes.

One of the true believers - I am sorry for using you question to answer Annie. I can not find any other place except in the place where she made her statements..

GURU - Who made you judge over One of the believers?

Some Protestant bombard as with what they believe not what we Catholic believes. Then they quote the bible as if they were the one who approved the content of the Bible. Read the history it was the Catholic who was responsible in compilation of what we call now as Bible.(Collier's Enc Vol IV page 117). In fact this was what Martin Luther said: "We are compelled to concede to the Papist that they have the world of God; that we receive it from them, and that without them we should have had no knowledge of it at all." (His Commentary on John Chap. XIV)

Don't play God you do not have authority to judge, as to who will go to heaven or hell..

The question of One of the believers is a blessing to the Catholic. Advantage of his His question is that it gives way for a Catholic to express the real truth of what they stand & belief be made know to others.

Hope this enlighten

Remember that Jesus Loves you. Know Him in His word the Bible.

God Bless

Lim ♥ E

Source(s): General Introduction to the Sacred Scripture by Dixon Collier's Encyclopedia Martin Luther Commentary on John XIV Bible - Book of Matthew
  • Annie

Well, as a Protestant who has Catholic family and a large number of Catholic friends and acquaintances...I would say that this is a tough issue on a human level.

That being said, I believe that Catholics do believe in Jesus as he was but I think many of them lose the meaning of the eternal Jesus as he was, is and will always be. And the the reason I think they lose this meaning is because they minimize the work of Christ on the Cross.

This may seem strange to you at first since I imagine you attend Mass and have at least a laymen's grasp on what the death of Christ meant to the world...trust me, I understand that the Mass is very reverant, commemorative and emotionally and spiritually moving at times.

But Christ's death on the Cross- beautiful and mysterious and complex as it all is, is minimized I believe because Catholics ultimately believe that the true relationship between a Holy God who demanded atonement for sin and his creatures (us) can be attained in a variety of ways and can be supplemented by good works as a mean to salvation.

Christ is the ONLY mediator and ONLY way in which we can EVER be right before God. This fact seems to be the singularly most difficult concept for us humans across the globe to grasp.

And why? Because our human nature is essentially one of self autonomy and we all act like little kings and queens of our lives. In other words...it is so much easier to accept something if you have worked for it and basically deserve it (like a paycheck) than it is to accept charity freely (Jesus' bloody sacrifice on the Cross for needy sinners (me, you, all humankind).

So now that I have probably totally bored you... lol... my simple answer is that I understand that Catholics believe in Christ, I think they miss the whole point of his ministry, death and work on the Cross the minute they try and quietly start to substitute their good works in lieu of a free gift.

I mean all of what I say, and I say all that with a heart that cares, is striving to love like Christ and hopes the best for all Catholics as I do for anyone else on our earth!

I am sorry if you have had run ins with those who have maligned you or your spiritual beliefs. There is a distinct difference between healthy dialogue etc. and rudeness and name calling. I am afraid that many Protestants are guilty of this. And I would not be humble to say that I have struggled with this sin in the past. It is unequivocally wrong.

Please do not let that get in your way of sticking your head out there a bit and snooping around your Bible...it is so full of truth- aside from what any church tradition or denomination can ever offer. Have a blessed day! =)

• ortis

First, i'd say many of the persons who unfold lies with reference to the Church and declare to be an "ex-Catholic" are liars from the beginning up, oftentimes because of the fact they make maximum of trouble-free blunders approximately Catholic teachings. Now that must be chalked as much as "loss of training" in the event that they did not attempt to instruct how "knowledgeable they are with reference to the Church" or in the event that they did not show a sparkling pastime in examining anti-Catholic literature (in case you examine con, you'll have additionally examine professional). nevertheless, I easily have met former Catholics who reject The Church now, that rather can declare that they in no way extremely discovered with reference to the Church. yet they don't circulate spouting off against The Church each and every given probability, and are waiting to "stay and enable stay" so, you get the assumption. Edit : I ought to upload, that I easily have easily had discussions with so referred to as "ex-Catholics" who've run their mouths off against The Church, and that they often make straightforward blunders or ask questions they should already understand they solutions to in the event that they have been ever Catholic. All i'm able to assert to them is "do not you recognize? did not you're saying you have been Catholic and went to Catholic college?" It additionally bugs me is because of the fact they oftentimes talk approximately having "gotten away" and then act proud approximately being in a number of the little fringe cults they discover.

Iam an ex-Protestant--now agnostic/atheist, dating a girl who is also agnostic, but with a Catholic background. She and I have discussed this and come to something of a conclusion:

We think you're a little weird. You have a lot of rituals and beliefs that it's just hard to make sense of, if you weren't raised in the doctrines.

Not to say that's bad. As a friend of mine used to say, "We're all a little weird."

Yes , you do

Yet you do not set Him above all others in your church.

For by Christ are we saved, not that of ourselves.

There is none perfect except Christ Jesus.( born as a man, so He was man and God) Not even your pope, or your Priests or the Virgin Mary.

peace

a messenger

Some of them misinterpret the Bible. Others have been brainwashed into believing that the Catholic Church is evil. Some really rabid fundies even claim the the Church is the whore of Babylon.

The Catholic Church is constantly attacked by Satan and his agents. But the gates of hell will not prevail against the Church founded by Jesus.

Eh. Tell them to take a church history class. I took one from a non denominational church college and it stressed the oneness of the Body of Christ. Even Luther was a catholic monk after all.

Anti-Catholic Protestants get their information about Catholicism from those ridiculous ignorant Jack Chick tract comic books.

I know the feeling actually. People say the same thing about my faith as well. I know you believe in Christ. Keep on believing in Christ and never mind what a bunch of intolerant religious bigots say about your faith.

They say that we aren't biblical, but they don't say that they follow a false version of a bible that was changed by man to suit their needs and beliefs.

Consider: -

Did your question draw people to christianity? HARDLY

Did it offend and drive them further away? HIGHLY LIKELY!!

God's work? HARDLY

Seems you are in serious trouble at the final judgment then!!

Enjoy the heat!!

How much damage are you going to do to the church before you discover the loving god and start acting like it?!!