Oh No! My dog has forgot a very hard command!?

i taught my dog to do reverse weaves it was hard to teach. For about 5 days he could do it, not perfect but he could do the reverse weaves. But today he would only go through my legs 2 times and do reverse weaves infront of me. I think it was because we started feeding him only dog food and he was VERY hungry so he kept on jumping on me trying to grab the treat i had. i also think it was because he was very hyper cause he was just running around. could he have forgotten so fast? or do i try later when he is calm? cause he again is running around right now lol thanks i am just very worried

• Ellen
    Favorite Answer

As with a lot of your questions, I hear how much you care, and how concerned you get.

If you don't already have it, get Leslie McDevitt's book Control Unleashed (and, if anyone near you is conducting CU classes, go to them). It is such a great way to turn the concern and intensity into being an incredible detective about what's going on with a dog, and how to get the dog to re-engage in training, completely voluntarily.

He most likely didn't forget but is growing weary of the repetition. Try breaking the trick down into smaller pieces a time or two.