Why does it seem like when women like me I don't like them?

I was with a woman I really loved for over 4 years. We had a real relationship, not the crap you hear about these days. Anyway she left me and it's been awhile. I'm over it now. But towards the end of our relationship it was like the more she loved me, the more distant I became to her.

And now I'm like that with every woman. I'm only 20 and my mom says I need to start dating again while I'm young. So I want to go out and meet a new woman, but I don't really want to. I see really beautiful women, and I talk to them. but it's like the more interested in me they seem to become, the more I start to dislike them. It's like I don't want them to like me, and it drives me away when they try.

Maybe it doesn't help that I'm going into the Military soon though, and I don't feel like it's important to pursue any relationships now. Do you guys think I have a problem?

It's not like I'm afraid of commitment or anything. I'd love to have a nice relationship with a good woman. But I just feel like I can't be close to anyone right now, no matter how great they are. In the end I'll just be repulsed by their affection towards me.

Favorite Answer

sounds like you want to stay single then just stay single..

on the other hand the fact that you posted this sounds like you want to be with some one

if that's true you will need to work on taking affection that's apart of love.

Maybe right now isn't a good time for a relationship. You have your thoughts and mindset in another area and that is what you should focus on. There is nothing wrong with that. You don't have to be in a relationship right now especially as it doesn't appear to be what you want. Focus on you right now. That is not being selfish in a bad way. I applaud you for going into the military. Best wishes to you and stay safe.

maybe you haven't lick all of your wound yet.

go ahead and give another girl a chance... tell her your problem

and maybe she can help make you feel better.