How to find a company that can pay for the Computer Science master's degree at Stanford?

I am currently a Computer Science undergraduate student in the US and plan to pursue my master's degree at Stanford. However, the tuition is too expensive for me and there is very limited financial aid for master's students. I heard that some company would pay for the master's degree if the student works for that company. Is that possible? If so, any details about that? Thanks.

Favorite Answer

Take out loans for the first year. If you do well academically, they will usually make you a TA to defer some of your costs for the 2nd year. In particular, for a CS degree from Stanford, I'd say this would be worth it. The before/after earning potential is going to be significant.

Not in today's economy and before, companies usually give like a couple thousand, IF they view the program as necessary for job skills advancement. To them, a masters degree is just icing on the cake. You can work for them with just a bachelors.

And they can say that why do you HAVE TO go to Stanford when you can get a masters degree in the same field at a cheaper school. More than likely, if you want that masters, you have to pay for most of it yourself.