Dell Inspiron 530 at boot, turns on, then off, then on, then off, then on, then no signal?

Whenever i attempt to boot my inspiron 530 it turns on for a few seconds, then turns off, then repeats a second time, then the third time it doesnt turn off, but there is no signal to the monitor. i fixed it before by blowing out the dust and reconnecting wires the previous week, but i must of done something wrong or forgot something. when running after being fixed it had no problems when running, it was the same as before the problem arose. i figured out that right before the computer turns on again, the fans stop spinning completely, making me believe its dust/heat problem, maybe? can someone help me find the problem? ill give you a cookie, maybe!

Favorite Answer

I hate to tell you this, but that REALLY sounds like motherboard going bad. I can't confirm from your description alone but that'd be my bet.