Does sleeping a lot mean you will have a bigger baby?

I sleep maybe 12 hours a night. I have always needed a lot of sleep like this even before I was pregnant. My mom said if I keep sleeping like that I'm going to have a 10 pound baby. I was just wondering if sleep has anything to do with your baby's size?

• Favorite Answer

I don't know about that, I've always had a difficult time sleeping usually only getting a few hours in a night. And my first was born at 8 lbs, the docs estimated that he was going to be 9 lbs and I guess very well could have been but I gave birth 15 days before my expected due date. I don't think sleep really has much to do with the size of your baby.

no i slept a lot when i was pregnant with my first. I could sleep 8 hours or more a night be up a hour or less and go back to sleep and sleep another 5 or 6 hours. I was this way when I first got pregnant and at the end of each trimester. My baby was 6lbs 4oz. Now I all ways know when my little girl is going threw a groth spert because she gets to where all she wants to do for about a week is eat and sleep 24/7. she is not a big child at all she is only about 40lbs now.

Not true at all. Building a baby is just tough on the body and it requires you to rest a bit more. Not exercising at all and eating McDonald's every day might make a 10 pound baby, but sleeping isn't going to be the culprit.

• Amanda

that has nothing to do with the size of your baby. It just means your tired and your body needs rest.

LOL NOO!!

i dont remember when i was not sleeping, all i was doing was sleeping, eating, and peeing dueing my first pregnancy, and my son was 7lbs 5 ounces, and he was even a week late!!

Of course not. All pregnant women sleep more.

If it does, then my mom slept a lot. I was a fat **** baby.

hha no all prego woman are tired and sleepy

no it means your lazy lol