Is It Possible For Adults To Live On Liquids Only?

It's no secret that babies drink milk and they still grow healthy and strong. I wonder if adults can do the same that thing? Or is it that a baby's body is designated to live only on liquids until a certain point in development?

If so, how can it be done? Please note: I love solid foods and don't plan on living on liquids.

Favorite Answer

It's probably possible, but not very healthy.

I suppose you could as long as you were getting all the right food groups. People manage for quite a while in hospital off only a drip. However, you would suffer from terrible constipation due to a lack of fibre. This is often a problem for people who live of slimmers shakes. Even though fruit contains fibre, once it is made into juice it no longer has soluble and non-soluble fibre. You woluld probably also have constant stomach cramps and also feel hungry all the time. And need to go to the bathroom very often.

So, you would not die or anything like that, but you would feel very uncomfortable.

it can be done for a long time as long as u are gettin the right nutrients like people who juice drink liquids you will lose a lot of weight though the body can live off liquids the rest of your life

Someplace on the Internet, months ago, I noticed a statement that said Bee Pollen Enriched Honey contains every nutrient required by man.

***A caution says people allergic to bee stings should not eat it.

Source(s): sorry i dont remember the source.