What color should I paint my basement/ What color goes with wood grain?

My basement is mostly wood grain paneled walls (70's style). I'm turning a section of the basement (that has drywall) into my office. What color can I paint the wall that will look good with the wood paneling?

Favorite Answer

sage green, off white, white, light blue, mauve, I would stay away from brown and wood tones, but if you wanted to finish the whole 70's theme you could go avocado or burnt orange I heard it's making a coming back! Shag carpet is back, I was at a capet place last week and they brand new colors dirt cheep they even had some in burnt orange!

good luck

Oh my god, you want to KEEP the wood paneling? lol

Mid century modern style may be coming back, but not like that. If I were you, I'd paint the paneling!

Okay, but if you insist on keeping it, I'd find a modern-retro wallpaper in a light or bright color and use that. Basement dark wood paneling is so very dreary.

Taupe.