Anyone else's husband looks at *magazines*?

I'm not against porn, per se, and even told my husband I didn't care when we first started dating but it kind of irritates me that he does. He stashes a magazine under the bathroom sick and I can tell its been looked at because its in a different spot when I go in there.

We aren't intimate very often...maybe once a month...which I am trying to work on but I'm not a very sexual person. I don't blame him at all, I just don't know why it bothers me?

Anyone else?

There is nothing wrong with my body. We have two kids and I am still a size 0. This is a problem with myself that I need to fix. I was simply asking for input on why I could be irritated when I have no reason to be.

Favorite Answer

I'm a married woman more than willing to do whatever my husband wants at any time. So yeah, I'm more than a little annoyed when he would rather have a magazine or a tape than me. I mean, I'm coming on to the dude and he won't touch me for 10-14 days? But yet he gets off on a regular basis to whatever visual aid he's into at the time. Sorry, it ain't right.

Your husband may be compensating for the lack of intimate contact in your marriage. Intimacy once a month is not enough for most men - and the "magazines" may be what he is using to substitute for the "real" thing.

You might want to get help to understand why you are not intimate more frequently with your husband. Be thankful that your husband is only using magazines and not seeking what he needs elsewhere. Perhaps understanding this will change the feeling that you have about his looking at the magazines - and motivate you to seek the help that could make your marriage more satisfying for both of you.

http://www.liveperson.com/robert-ambrose

• Jane

Well if you are not sexually satisfying your husband you should not be angry because he uses the images of other women in a magazine to sexually satisfy himself. He is not cheating on your with another woman but he does have needs and choses to take care of them with visual aid. If you were ok with it before why not now? This is an issue you have to work on yourself becuase keep in mind you are not giving him sex or any other type of pleasure but once a month. Is that fair to him? The answer is no so I do not think it is fair for you to be upset with him when you are not fullfilling your wifely duties. I would rather him look at a magazine then stray away to another woman who would be willing and ready to pleasure him. He loves you dearly apparently but you do need to figure this out because it is not fair to him at all. I could not be in a sexless marriage even if marriage is not all about sex. I would feel so bad and ask why did my spouse even get married.

He is replacing what you are not giving him. Simple.

If you know what the problem is, and you want to fix it, then you're going to have to become more sexual.

Were you like this before you got married?

If so, he knew what he was getting into.

(or not getting into - no pun intended.)

See a doctor. Once a month is less than normal, and is likely attributed to something that can be treated.

Sex is good for both of you individually, and incredibly beneficial to the relationship.

• katie

When we were first married there were magazines that came into the house. I didn't like it at all. Now, on occasion, he watches on the computer. Sometimes it puts him in the mood, so I really can't complain too much.

I realise that it's difficult to understand, but as a Guy please know, his bathroom practices don't necessarily mean any disrespect to you by your husband. Guys are weird and I can't explain it, but do try to negotiate an amicable solution that suits BOTH of your needs.

Good luck.

My husband used to look at magazines, but now he just looks at the internet. It has never bothered me. I get mine when I want it and I know he's not cheating on me, so I'm happy. :-)

you working on it. That's funny. you know what's wrong and you have the nerve to be upset over magazines. You are a real class act lady he should be out finding someone to have an affair with.

He should not have those magazines in the house if he loves and respects you.