how much horsepower gain will i get from this?

i have a 1992 honda civic si 1.6 sohc 125 hp stock. i want to add a performance air cleaner headers and muffler. some one told me if i do all three i will get more hp than if i just did one since they work in unisin.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

increasing the flow in the intake and exhaust track usually work that way, good smooth intake, header, high flow cat, muffler.

if your just looking for added HP, greddy makes a carb legal, bolt on turbo kit, for about $2K with a computer fuel controller and not a mechanical FMU, mechanical FMU's fail and dont work as well anyways.

Makes close to 200hp AT THE WHEEL!!

• 1 decade ago

It takes a lot to blow up a honda, check out link, must see!

If you do blow it up, and your able to do work yourself, you can swap out that motor for a couple hundred dollars, everyone swaps in a b series, and now k series engines.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes thats true, and read the "as tested" to see what the advertised hp gain had running with it. get your head flowed and youll need some stud girdles on your mains

• 1 decade ago

your just going to blow it up.those parts are for engines that have be reworked and they really need to have them.

Source(s): the three combined on your stock...15 - 20 hp maybe ! i give it 1/2 yr. to 1 1/2 yr to live.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.