Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 decade ago

I want to buy a game system but am afraid that once I do a new one will come out?

The only game system I have is a PS2. I've always wanted to buy a PS3 or Xbox 360 but am afraid that once I do a newer system will come out. This always happens to me.... with video games, phones, computers, etc. Should I get a system or should I wait?

Favorite Answer

theres a new ps3 slim coming out for 299 and the 360 is getting a new lower price of 299 or 199, 360 has more online players. ps3 has blu ray.

Basely a console last 10 years up then make new one. Still no yet PS4. If your afraid being out modeled the best way is buy PC with great specification. Actually mostly a games can be played in PC. Just w8 the PC version. You can play emulator for Xbox360 and ps2 but not PS3.

PS3 is the best anti hacker. If i would say my opinion. The best anti-virus and internet security is PS3. As of now Ps3 never been hack. Also many production of game for PS3 so never be affraid of buying it. You only need to sacrifice the blueray game disc about 25-50 dollars per game.

You should get one now. Especially since the PS3 and Xbox 360 Elite are both 299$. At the moment the only announcement for a new console is the Wii, and that is not a brand new system, probably just a graphical upgrade and a Wii remotes with Motion+ built in.

So right now is a prime time to get a console if you don't already have one.

Just to be clear it is not a new Wii, just a different form of Wii.

I'm in the same situation as you are in right now. After hours of research, Iv read that the next gen console will probably set to come out in the year 2012.

I have a PS2 right now and I will soon trade it in at gamestop for a PS3 slim.If i were you get a PS3 system now due to the fact that the price has been cut down

well you should be happy with what you got... If you buy a ps3 and a new one comes out called the "ps3 slim" you would be lucky.. why? because the bigger one has a bigger fan and you can play 100%(double) longer than the slim can... a slim's fan is too small that the system would need breaks every 3 hours...

if you were to buy an Xbox i would wait till the next one comes...

hope this helps... i used a ps2 as my example because it also applies with the ps3 as both are using fans...

Source(s): Happened to me... ps2 slim broke and regretted buying a new version

Sony or Microsoft have yet to announce the production of a new game system.

I personally hav the xbox 360, because most people have it. If you want intense online experience, id go with the 360.

However, the ps3 has great graphics because of its blue-ray capability. If you don't look to play online, the ps3 would be ur best bet.

• kulpa

It incredibly relies upon. The Xbox 360 is that in case you like "severe", action-packed video games like Halo 3 or Gears of conflict. additionally, lots of the superb video games of the decade are on the Xbox 360 (Bioshock, as an occasion). whether, while you're greater of an off-the-cuff gamer, the DS is for you. that's in general multi-participant video games like Mario Kart DS on the DS. to no longer say there is not any stable video games on the DS. The Ace lawyer sequence are quite stable exciting.

In around 2015 sony will make a playstation 4

right now there just making stuff to make the current systems better so buying now ok