What is the best game console?

I haven't purchased a game console in a while, but am thinking about buying one. If given the choice between XBox 360, Wii, or PS3, which would you recommend and why?

Favorite Answer

honestly it depends what kind of games your looking for, i would recommend either x-box 360 or wii, xbox has great shooter games which are really fun on xbox live, you can play with your friends on xbox live without meeting them in person, which can be very helpfull. the wii is really cool and unique, i really enjoyed it at friends houses and family events.

It is a matter of opinion. And now that the PS3 costs 299$ and the Xbox 360 Elite costs 299$ it will be a harder choice. As for me, I believe the Xbox 360 is better due to it's large selection of games, not to mention that Microsoft really looks after it's gamers. I mean, look at all of the exclusive downloadable content the 360 has. Do you know why? Because Microsoft payed the developers of said DLC to make it exclusive. That certainly sounds like they care.

As a disclaimer I own all three systems I just prefer my Xbox because I like Fallout 3 and GTA IV.

Source(s): Me

You should definitely get a PS3. Overall PS3 wins the deal, mainly because it has wi-fi built in, has blu-ray, bluetooth, online gameplay is free, and the new slim version is much lighter and is less power consumption. Now for the 360, it doesn't have wi-fi right to the point when you buy it, you have to add an addition $100 for it. Also there is no bluetooth built in and online play cost $50 a year. PS3 has the ALL-TIME best games including the one and only Metal Gear Solid 4, Infamous, Killzone 2, Resistance 1,2 and so on.

Source(s): Has 2 PS3's

Xbox 360 and PS3. The Wii is kinda fun, but if you're a hardcore gamer you will be disappointed. There ain't a lot available for the Wii that's not cutesy stuff or sports oriented...

i have all three personally i like the xbox the only flaw besides paying for online is the red ring but Microsoft fixes that for free.

ps3 is okay

and i got the wii it came out played it for a month got board put it away.

get the xbox

• Andy

PS3, best graphics, got a blu ray player, free to browse online store, wont break down like the xbox, will use it more often the Wii.

Wii. its more fun and you get to move around in some games as if your really in the game unlike the xbox or ps3 where you just sit and move your body forward as you kill someone.

atleast, thats how i look at it haha

PS3 is for people who like to look at pretty things by themselves.

Xbox is for people who like to look at pretty things with their friends online

Wii is for people who like to look at crap and move their body and if you use exercise as a reason thats lame.

• V

xbox 360 FTW!

N64 > PS2 > XBox360 > PS3

And thats the truth.