help with a mini literary analysis on Elie Wiesel's book Night?

Discuss how Elie's faith and his view of good and evil change throughout the book. what is this significance of this change?

only has to be 8-12 sentences long basically just give me some information like a starting point and maybe a little bit of additional info that would help greatly

• Favorite Answer

In the beginning we see a young Wiesel who devoted his time studying the Talmud and dreaming one day of studying the Cabala. He started off as a boy who had faith and innocence. His belief in God was everlasting and he felt that no one could change his mind.

At Auschwitz,Wiesel and the other prisoners worked long hours with very little food.and battled the cold. Every week people would collapse from exhaustion. If they lost the strenght to survive, they would be sent to the gas chambers or their body would be thrown into a lorry like a sack of garbage. It seemed as though it was useless to try to survive, to live another day. He went from being a student studying the Talmud to a prisoner who questioned the existence of God. How could God allow this to happen? And since he did, "why should I bless His name? The Eternal, Lord of the Universe, the All-Powerful and Terrible, was silent. What had I to thank Him for" (31)?

Night - Elie Wiesel

Night: In A Nutshell

When Elie Wiesel was liberated from the Buchenwald concentration camp in April 1945, he decided to wait for ten years before writing his memoirs of the Holocaust. Night is the story of Elie Wiesel surviving Nazi concentration camps as a teenager. The original Yiddish publication of Night was 900 pages and titled And the World Remained Silent. Despite low sales originally, Night has now been translated into thirty languages and has become a classic. Night is the first book in a trilogy – Night, Dawn, and then Day, probably referring to a transition in state of mind. That is, in this first book, he is in a state of darkness. Of Night, Elie Wiesel says, "If in my lifetime I was to only write one book, this would be the one."

http://www.shmoop.com/intro/literature/elie-wiesel...