How can I get my wife to declutter our house from all of her stuff?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

you sit down with her.... and go through things.... room by room..... piece by piece.

• 1 decade ago

I'm not real sure. Everyone here is a pack rat also. We just try to be neat about it. We all collect something from magazines to teddy bears. I have shelves and shelves of books and still need more shelves. I won't throw a book away. So I will be watching the answers coming in.

• DJ
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

It's her home, too, so talk kindly to her and give her a reasonable amount of space in the home where she can store or display her stuff. (It may not be clutter to her.)

Promise her that you will change one of your bad habits if she'll keep the clutter confined to this one area. (After all, marriage is a lot about compromise. You want her to change, but are you willing to?)

Otherwise, if you don't want to pitch in and help keep the other areas of the house clutter-free, hire a maid to take care of it or get used to looking at it.

• 1 decade ago

Giver her a deadline of a week to save what she deems important. The rest goes to Goodwill or the VA. Let her know you're serious about having a clean, sleek looking home and that you're fed up with the clutter. I wouldn't hire a maid because that just reinfoRces bad behavior.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

If you find a way let me know. I been trying to get my other half to do that for 24 years. He even keeps old cardboard boxes!!!!. Pack rats I think they are called and sorry I have no clue.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Maybe you should try getting off the computer and help cleaning the house...what a concept huh?

Source(s): I used to be married to a lazy ass man who always complained that the house was cluttered but never offered to pitch in and help either!!
  • 1 decade ago

If she's a pack rat then there's no hope.

• 1 decade ago

Tell her to.

• 1 decade ago

tell her that if she doesn't do something with it, you will throw it all away.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.