Anonymous

very high SATs, GMATs, very low GPAs?

I got my mba last year, but graduated into unemployment because of the financial crisis.

I didn't do very well in school, basically scraped through my bachelors and masters(GPA 2.1 and 2.2). My GMAT and SAT I, SAT II scores are close to 800 though.

What can i do on my resume and in interviews to disguise my weenie GPAs?

How can i leverage on my SATs, GMAT and the fact that i got the degrees?

thanks

Favorite Answer

Don't blame the financial crisis for you graduating into unemployment when you have such horrible GPAs. I'm getting sick of this financial crisis as an excuse for slackers to complain about not finding work.

Seriously though, think about not putting the GPAs on your resume and hope employers don't ask you for it (not likely to work). Or come up with a very very good story for why your grades sucked... like you had to work 90 hours a week to afford school, played too much beer pong, plain laziness, etc...

To be honest GPAs don't carry as weight as whether or not you can do the job. I would even bother putting the GPA down with grade inflation at a lot of colleges they don't mean much anymore.

Source(s): Low level supervisor in the real world