wolfsden1124 asked in PetsCats · 1 decade ago

my cat is losing claws on her hind paws.?

On one paw she has completely lost one whole claw and it looks like there is just a hole there and the two on either side of that one appear to be rotting away. She has one claw on the opposite hind paw that looks as though the "quick" is swollen and only the top portion of the claw is there. Can you tell me what is going on and what I need to do for her.

I trim my cats nails about once every 2 weeks. I have never noticed that before today.

She doesn't seem to be in any discomfort except when I try to look at the paws then she cries. But she walks and runs around as if nothing is wrong with her.

• MML
    Favorite Answer

I think you should take her to the vet. That doesn't sound good. You could be dealing with fungus, which will require meds to get rid of it.

it sounds like you have never cut her nails before. If you dont clip your cats claws they become to long and they will start to claw everything because of the discomfort. sometimes they will claw so much, it will get caught on the materiel and rip off. But since its on her hind paws she could have stepped in something or her claws got caught on something. Take her to the vet ASAP.

That's not good