Do I have some form of OCD? Or is it just me...?

Okay soooo, I am totally freaked out about planes, and boats crashing, even if I am not on them. And when my bff's are over, I have to make them do the same things that I do. Like when my dog barks, I usually tell him to stop, my friends do things totally different. And I freak out.

And I always worry about things that might not even happen in a situation. This is getting in the way of my life, my friends make fun of me for worrying too much.

Am I a person who just worries and thinks things through? Or do I have some form of OCD???

THX for the help :)

Favorite Answer

Not OCD, just over-anxious. I remember being about 6 or 7 and scaring everyone on a little boat that was about to go out to see a Navy ship in the harbour. I was convinced the little boat was going to sink because it had too many people in it and water was slopping so near the sides so I screamed my silly little head off. My parents were ordered to take me off and not ask for a refund. 3 more people got on, the boat went out and came back OK. I learned a lesson that what might happen usually does not.and that experience counts with gut feelings.

Look at it this way: life will be so incredibly booring if you don't join in with normal things and be a little adventurous. Your body has in-built mechanisms for coping with stress, one of which is the rush you get from overcoming a challenge. OK, a plane might crash but the chances of getting killed on the road are much, much greater. Ask your friends how they deal with travelling on a plane or a boat.

No you don't have OCD, I usually think of all the things that can go wrong before I do something major. It's not that big of a deal as long as you don't let it get in the way of your life.

nothings wrong with you, you just need to mellow out.