What causes numbness in my leg and foot?

On and off for the past year or so my right leg will go completely numb from my toes all the way up to my hip. It usually happens after I'm sitting down and I go to stand and walk. I've had bloodtests done and my doctor said I was low in potassium and put me on a vitamin. My potassium levels are now normal along with all of my other levels. When this happens I don't have any pain and I don't have an tingling whatsoever. I will go to walk and it feels like my whole entire right leg isn't there. I'm going to make another appointment now that this is happening again but I was just curious if anyone knows what this could be or if anyone else experiences this sort of thing. Thank you. 10pts best answer.

No neckpain or headache. It only happens when I am sitting in a chair and go to get up. my leg doesn't even hurt when it happens. It just feels completely paralized and I'm unable to walk because of it.

Favorite Answer

Seems as though it might be poor circulation. You might also bring up the subject of a pinched nerve with your physician. Good luck.

• Diane

I've been going through similar symptoms for months now (almost a year actually). I got passed around to different doctor's like a football. I still don't have any answers really. At first, because of my job it was though to be carpal tunnel. Then I was diagnosed with myofascial pain syndrome and thoracic outlet sydrome. But yet in the meantime my MRI was showing things that the Doctor NEVER ADDRESSED. I have all the signs of degenerative disc disease . I have 2 herniated discs in my cervical spine and also spondylosis. I have pain in my neck and arm with numbness. It has now started in my legs and feet. I am now going to go and get tested for rheumatoid arthritis and/or lupus. I have all the signs and also family history which worries me. I suggest talking to your Doctor and have them order x rays and an MRI of your spine! It seems to be a part of your body that Doctor's overlook for some reason. With those symptoms it could be something wrong anywhere in the spine such as a herniated disc. I'm worried that I have something really wrong and out of control that the Doctor's have ignored for a long time now and I'm afraid. I wouldn't let any of those symptoms go. You have to be persistent with Doctors and if your DOctor doesn't listen or want to give you the time of day..find another one. TRUST ME! I now have 3 different Doctos' disagreeing with my orginal treating Doctor. It's scary

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

On and off for the past year or so my right leg will go completely numb from my toes all the way up to my hip. It usually happens after I'm sitting down and I go to stand and walk. I've had bloodtests done and my doctor said I was low in potassium and put me on a vitamin. My potassium...

Source(s): numbness leg foot: https://tinyurl.im/h93LN
  • I just posted about my legs that have a lot of random pain my family has history of MS and I worry it may be a symptom but pain in legs isn't however weakness and numbness is a symptom of MS my momhad it all my life I would ask you dr. It's not something you wanna catch too late my moms dr would test her he didn't believe that's what she had and she ended up permanently in a wheelchair because they didn't treat it soon enough

it sounds like decreased blood flow. you may have femoral arteries that get kinked or pinched off when you sit down, thus decreasing the blood flow to one or both of your legs. you may just need to change positions frequently when sitting down for a long period of time. also try to avoid sitting with your legs crossed because this seems to make the problem worse.

• Chas

diabetes, nerve damage, blood flow,, it could be tons of things,,, but do you really want to trust your health to a stranger that the only qualification is access to Yahoo?????

here is a great site you may want to check out.

http://medilineplus.gov/

You'll get far better info,, on here all you are getting is opinions from strangers.

I might be able to save you that dr. visit but I need some information first. When you say sitting, do you mean on a chair or on the floor? And do you have any neck pain or headaches to go with this?

sciatic nerve due to disc compression please see your m.d. this can lead to really bad complications

Source(s): common sense & living proof