My dad will not allow me to make friends with parents who are liberal, is he wrong?

Favorite Answer

I hope you're joking. In case you're not, think of right and wrong in terms of what would the world be like if everyone did something and then ask yourself "Do I want to live in that world?"

In this instance, what if everybody's dad wouldn't allow their kids to be friends with kids whose parents are liberals. Would you want to live in world where your choice of friends are restricted by what their parent's political or social views are?

I am sure this is a troll question but I will go along with it, anyway.

I hate liberalism but I don't hate the liberal person. Its embarrassing to admit, while in college, I bought into all the propaganda that the college culture generates.

After living in the real world and seeing the hypocrisy and distorted version of reality that liberalism is about, I came to my senses and reject socialism, liberalism, tax & spend govt, trial lawyers and all the negativity surrounding liberalism.

You cannot hate the person, you hate the ideology, its false and hypocritical. If socialism was really that great, why do liberals have to always try to fool people to accept it?

Ahhh no...but ...he might also be pushing you away.....instead of doing a right he might be doing a wrong...i believe if he believes that he taught u right and wrong and knows you have a strong faifth in your believes and morals then he shouldnt be worried.........i also believe we cant keep everyone we care about from the worl because one way; or another theyll have to face it........You can have friends that are liberal but know and stand your ground.......Im a REPUBLICAN myself and yes it si tough to have democratic and liberal friends especially when elections are around the corner...You wouldnt believe how many times i had to defend my believes in God and on Straight Marriage and How ABORTION is WRONG..........Good luck

It is too hard to judge your father based on one comment from you. If you have an issue with it you should try to talk with him and your mother. Discuss it and see what your father is really thinking and why he is giving you the directives he is.

It is possible your father doesn't want you to be influenced by certain views or actions. What does your mother say about it?

This is probably a much more complex issue then what your stating so you should discuss it with your parents.

As his child he can tell you what you can't do. Although in order to grow you need to meet people who have different opinions to open your mind not that im saying liberals are right but in order to argue for something you need to know both sides of an argument and even the other known lesser opinions

Source(s): Free thinker

Your father is looking out for you Listen to him these are messed up people you well find the mother has ran off with a lesbian pygmy and the father is planning a fishing/camping trip with a Filipino house boy The daughter is in love with a man on death row It's best

O K maybe a little extreme but something along these lines

With a name like John, it's hard to actually imagine nowadays kids below the age of 18 having that as a name.....unless they're baptized with retardation.

I dont trust liberals as a rule, but your dads rule sounds a little extreme.

I don't believe your "daddy" said that because I'm sure you aren't living with your "father." Having said that, it would better for parents to bring up their children to be free independent thinkers.

I won't let my kids get within 50 feet of a liberal.