aajohnny asked in HealthOptical · 1 decade ago

Help on my red eye problem?

Hi,

My eye has been acting up lately, I don't know if its just the season change, or just the humidity where I live, but my eye does feel dry, but every time I take my contacts out ( I only wear when I go somewhere which isn't often) my eyes are red, well when they are in for a bit they turn red, blood vessels and a red wall, I put allergy eye drops in and seems to sooth it a bit and it does clear up a bit, but is this a problem? I hope I at least just have allergies, I hope im not turning blind, I am not having trouble seeing or anything, I still want to wear contacts, another solution was maybe ever since I changed contact solution my eye started turning red, maybe I am allergic to the solution? any ideas or help?

I think it could be eye strain? cause I am in front of the computer almost all day.Anyone please answer?

Last night my eye was in pain, but it felt dry, I woke up and it still somewhat hurt but a allergy drop in, soothed it and its feeling good right now the eye turned a bit pink now like its clearing,but seriously how come nobody could answer this post? and help?

Favorite Answer

Yes, being in front of the computer puts constant stress on your eyes for long periods of time. I have normal eye sight, but after an hour on the computer, I become near-sighted and my eyes get dry and irritated. It takes a good night's sleep for my eyes to get back to normal. Being on the computer is almost like having a staring contest for an hour.

Also, I suspect that if the computer screen isn't doing it, your solution may be irritating your eyes. I suggest going to an eye doctor and asking him what he thinks might be going on with your contacts, and getting tested for allergies.

Good luck,

-Joe

• dech

Don't use synthetic tears for purple eye, the ones are quite unhealthy for the superficial veins within the eye. Get to an Optometrist they usually will have to provide you a prescription for anything to transparent that up.