whats the difference between type 1 diabetes and type 2?

just wondering

Favorite Answer

Type 1 is auto-immune and your pancreas does NOT produce any insulin.

Type 2 is hereditary and your pancreas does produce insulin but your body resists the insulin. Type 2 also has other RISK factors that can put you at a higher risk for getting this type.

The cause of both types is still unknown for sure.

Symptoms are the same for both types.

Diets: The diet for both types are the same, but different for each diabetic. The diet is based on how many carbs your doctor/nutritionist allows you per meal and how each food affects your blood sugar. As foods affects each of us differently, we are all eating different things. For example, I can eat white pasta without spiking, where another diabetic can only eat whole grain or wheat because the white causes them a major sugar spike. Each diabetic, regardless of the type, must test their foods and find out what is best for them to eat and maintain control.

Treatment: The treatment for type 1 consists of exercise and they must also take insulin shots or use a insulin pump. As their pancreas doesn't produce any insulin there isn't a choice here. Now the treatment is different for Type 2's.Once a type 2 has control of their sugar levels there are different choices for them. Some type 2's can be controlled by diet and exercise alone. Some type 2's are assisted by taking oral medications as well. Some might take insulin for awhile. Each type 2 is different, and it also depends on how serious they take the disease. Some type 2's have very poor control due to not taking diabetes serious and not following their doc's advice concerning diet and exercise.

Complications: Are the same for both type's.

Both types are for life. Once you have type 1 or type 2 diabetes, you will always have it. There is no cure.

1

Source(s): Destroy Diabetes Starting Today : http://diabetescure.raiwi.com/?rMXf

2

Source(s): #1 Diabetes Cure System : http://diabetesgofar.com/?CguK
  • We no longer refer to type 1 as 'juvenile' diabetes. I have personally diagnosed it in a man 40 years of age. We no longer refer to type 2 as 'adult' diabetes. I have personally diagnosed it in a woman 12 years of age. Type 1 diabetes requires certain genes (which have been identified), a viral infection, followed by an autoimmune response which targets and destroys the beta (insulin producing) cells of the pancreas. When approximately 95% of these cells have been destroyed hyperglycemia results (elevated blood glucose). As the flaw is a lack of insulin - insulin is the only treatment. Type 2 diabetes has a stronger genetic pattern than type 1 although no specific genes have been identified. We therefore presume it to be multi-genetic with variable expression of these genes. There are two sub-types of type 2 diabetes although they share the same pathophysiology to varying degrees. Type 2A is someone with elevated glucose and a body mass index of 25 kg/M2 or less while type 2B is someone with elevated glucose and a body mass index of 30 kg/M2 or more. Type 2A should be treated with insulin which type 2B should initially be treated with oral medications although within ten years most type 2B diabetics will be on insulin. Diabetes is always a progressive disease even if the glucose is well controlled. There is another important distinction. Type 1 although not 'juvenile' does tend to present at a younger age and therefore there is a longer period of time for diabetes related vascular problems to occur. Type 1 is also more prone to adverse health events the most significant of which is diabetic keto-acidosis and coma which can be lethal. If I may be of further assistance please let me know. I wish you the very best of health and may God bless.

• Maria

I'm a 45 year old woman and was recently diagnosed as being a borderline diabetic. My doctor prescribed some medication, but before filling it I decided to do some research on the internet which led me to the methods. After reading this ebook and applying the methods, my scepticism turned to 100% belief. I noticed that my energy levels increased significantly and I felt more rested in the morning, my symptoms started going away.

I am very happy to tell you that I have been feeling better than I have felt in years and my doctor informed me that he will be taking me off my prescriptions if I keep this up.

I recommend you use the Type 2 Diabetes Destroyer to naturally reverse your diabetes.

Type 1 diabetes is said to be an autoimmune disease which means the immune system of the body attacks the cells in the pancreas that produces insulin. It is more common in men than in women. Type 2 diabetes is strongly related to genetic links, which means its commonly inherited. Risk factors of this type of diabetes also include obesity, high blood pressure, sedentary lifestyle, high fat diet, and high alcohol intake.

Type 1 is where someone is insulin dependent. Much of the time these people are diagnosed as children or are adult in which pills no longer control their blood sugar/insulin levels properly. The pancreas can not control the sugar level in their body properly. This is usually a life long condition.

Type 2 is where someone is borderline and can control their sugar/insulin levels with diet and/or a combination of pills. Mostly, this condition is adult onset.

Source(s): Worked in healthcare for 15 plus years

type 2 you take pills type 1 you have to take a shot of insulin does that help need more info.

• ?

Type 1 : You don't produce any insulin and need injections

Type 2 : You are RESISTANT to insulin and a change in diet is crucial

type 1 always happened when you are young

and type 2 when you are aged