When the present day Republican Party goes the way of the dodo and the Whigs what will replace it?

Will a new party emerge as did the Republicans in the 1850s following the demise of the Whig Party. Not that there's much resemblance between those who founded the party like Abe Lincoln and its current heroes like George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. Or will the Democrats break into two factions, a liberal progressive wing and a more conservative centrist wing as it did once before in the 1820s after the Federalists went kaput and the when the party was known as the Republican Party.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I can see a few parties emerging the way the country is going. I can see the democratic party, the repulican party and the conservative party. There has to be a split in the republicans between the minority that is sane and the majority that wants Texas to seceed from the US.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I'm praying a true conservative party will emerge from the cesspool that is the current Republican party.

• ThaPH
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

The Rep. party has no clear leader but has still gained alot of ground on the dems. Whats that say about the dems

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Wanna bet the Dems lose between 20 and 40 seats in 2010?

America's had her fill of "change"

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

It doesnt matter. when republicans go everyone will be on welfare and no one will pay taxes! Thats OK thought. Obama says they will just print more money for your welfare checks.

• Fern O
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

senor Magoo: How are Republicans polling these days?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.