What color shutters go best on a house with light-yellow vinyl siding?

The roof is sort of almond-brown, and the current shutters are reddish-brown.

• M M T
    Favorite Answer

I'd lean towards a dark brown that goes with the roof. You might be able to get away with a real dark green also. If you don't co-ordinate with the roof color, it might look a little bit off. Or if you want a light, bright look, white would work also.

Then paint the front door a warm welcoming color. That's one place you can get away with something with more punch!

There are two colors which I find look best on yellow houses...I agree w/ not keeping them black because it might be to harsh of a contrast against light yellow. You say your house is a light shade of yellow, so a dark hunter green will provide a nice contrast. It won't fight the colors, and this tends to be a classic combination. Blue is also a good choice - less traditional with yellow homes but certainly not less attractive. Go for a dark blue - light blue shutters and light yellow siding might make your house look like and Easter egg (unless that's something you might want!). A dark dutch blue would be bright but enough of a contrast to give a focal point. I would paint the front door the same color as the shutters.

Grays, blues, greens. Roxanne

black

Source(s): p