Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 decade ago

Im planing on building my own home and i was wondering how much it would cost to get line water from the city?

and if it would be cheaper in the long run to get a well and how do i know if my backyard has water under it costs would be nice anything close thank you

• godged
    Favorite Answer

No way to answer this question. In my city, it can be thousands of dollars ($5,000ish) to hook up to city water even if everything is running right by your lot. You can inquire with local well drillers on estimates of how much it will cost to dig a well. Cost will vary by what type of well you need, what they have to dig through and how deep they have to go.

Source(s): Oregon Realtor

You do not provide what city and state you are building in. Also, it would depend on if you are in the right area for a well. I would contact your local water company (or the one in the area you wish to build) and ask them.

Source(s): Sorry I couldn't help. But, you didn't provide enough detail.