x^2 -4x = 0

x^2 - 2x - 14 = 0

Thanks any help will be appreciated im confused on this

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

for all of these problems you want the equation to be set to 0, for a couple of them there already are. you'll have to do some re-arranging so it ends up that way. for example, the first one you subtract 20 from both sides so you have 4x^2 -20x +25=0.

You weren't clearn on what you wanted us to do but i'm assuming solve for the x's. There are 2 ways to do this, you can factor, or you can use the quadratic formula. You'll need an a, b , and c to do use this formula which corresponds to the example i gave you of 4x^2 -20x +25. a=4, -20 = b, 25= c. The formula would be -b = -+ sqrt(b^2-4ac / 2a) . I assume you've learned this formula, it looks a bit confusing on here but the -+ means plus or minus, the negative sign goes on the plus sign. sqrt= square root. square root of b^2 -4ac goes in the numerator and the 2a goes in the denominator, solve from there to get your x values. Now on the other hand, if you're able to factor, it is a lot more simple this way. for example with x^2-4x=0 would take a common factor out which is x. This would give you x(x-4)=0. Now you set x =0 and x-4=0. So x =0 or x=4. I didn't want to give you the answers because that'd be cheating so e-mail me if you want after you complete the questions and I'll check them over for you if you like.

• dech
    Lv 4
    5 years ago

I am maths trainer sending you this hints: a million) Do now not repair certain time, two) Interest is the motivating aspect to be trained arithmetic. three) very main factor to be famous is "Practice Examples and Exercises handiest. four) Do now not overlook any bankruptcy. five) if you're a pupil of state board,don't be trained something from out part the Text Book. 6) Refer earlier 12 months questions. 6) if ISC, you will have to refer further books. 7) Interest and difficult paintings with constructive could carry you a hundred percentsuccesses

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.