Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Why do teens wear their pants below their underwear and shuffle to walk..is that called styled ?

..or they can't afford a belt ?

Favorite Answer

Prison culture.

Inmates are not provided with belts whilst incarcerated, to prevent them from being used to harm themselves or others. Therefore, their trousers have a tendency to hang low around their waist.

This became fashionable among certain subcultures due to the image of criminals being 'tough' and 'macho'.

Why do some girls wear lots of make up? They think it looks good.

It's an opinion, it's culture, it's style.

Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's not a style or popular.

Take a look at music industry - a HUGE force in fashion. Just look at the 80's and the 70's. WOW I can't believe I wore some of that clothing.

• dubach

particular you will purchase all the user-friendly issues on the backside. that's a factor of the technique to shed the civilian existence and immerse your self in the cadre of the protection stress way. So depart the clothing, footwear, rings and books at living house and take little or no. you would be clothed and fed by skill of your Uncle Sugar. perhaps you may desire to have that stuff boxed up and robust to bypass so once you're ultimately someplace you've it shipped or p.c.. it up on depart. Now once you depart user-friendly you may wish you had some civvies. So placed on some thing you desire to user-friendly. good success!

I'm a teen, but I think it's stupid. I wear pants that fit, and I wear a belt, but it still looks cool. It's just the retarded style these days.

I believe it is actually called stupidity.

And some of them do wear belts and yet they have the waist of the paints pretty much tied to their mid thigh with the belt.

Maybe their mothers should still dress them, because they obviously don't know how clothes work.

My older brother wears his jeans half way down his a** and he wears a belt to keep them there - I think he looks ridiculous with his silk superman boxers showing!

for some people they just like to sag,

but i prefer low cut jeans where my pants are low enough so u can see my belt, but no saggyness. i aso wear kinda small shirts so that shows some of my style. just when i sit down it looks like im sagging.

Their parents never taught them to buy clothes that fit them at a young age,now they have had to pass a law that you keep your pants pulled up in public.

I wear a belt sometimes, and my boxers still show. That's the point.

At my school i have seen them wear belts to keep it on their legs haha no joke.

The style is called gay.

Source(s): Kathleen R (age 15)