What about women preachers?

I personally don't believe in women in the pastorate. There are so many other things that women can do in the Church, so what is the big deal about the pastorate? I guess I'm showing my age and when I was younger I didn't have a problem w/ it. I do think that women can be Sunday School teachers even of adults too. I also think all believers are called to witness, even women.

• n9wff
    Favorite Answer

in the family, the man holds the authority. This structure does not disappear when the family enters the church. So, how can a woman hold a position of authority over her husband in the church, yet be submitted under his authority in the home?

It is impossible.

This is the one fruit women cannot have. All other "gifts" women can seek with the exception of authority over men in the spiritual realm.

I compete with the Assemblies of God in Fine Arts every year, and in the short sermon category, every year there are more girls than boys and usually you don't enter a category like that unless you are led by God and called into that field. I have been in that category for 2 years and I feel God calling me to teaching non-believers and believers alike about God, but not in Sunday School. I also feel that I am to travel around the country teaching.

That is outside of what I would normally do, so how can that come from anywhere but God?

The issue is women taking authority over men.

To be a Pastor you need to take authority over men..

There is a difference between a woman preaching & a woman Pastor.. All preachers are not Pastors.

If you believe women can do all that, then what is the problem with a women being a preacher?

Soo...your religion preaches sexism, I see.

Great..let me jump in line to join.

(not)

Dude, stop asking this question. I don't know how many times you have asked it, but please just stop.

dude SHUT THE **** UP