What types of printers can use refilled ink cartridges?

I recently had an ink cartridge refilled for my printer, only to learn after having it refilled that my printer would not print with a cartridge that it believed should be empty due to some sort of counter on the cartridge.

A) How can I get around this? or B) What types of printers do not use cartridges with counters to determine whether they will print?

Favorite Answer

In my experience HP ink cartridges are virtually always refillable. Typically Epson models present the most problems since they use a special chip. Generally speaking I always disable my ink monitoring software just in case. When I start to see the printouts looking somewhat faded I know it's time to replace the ink cartridges.

Don not refill the ink cartridges, if you want to save the ink and money, buy new compatible or remanufactured ink cartridges.

Now you printer read your ink as empty, so you have to install the cartridges again,

1) Turn on the printer; take out the cartridges and shake them

2) Turn off the printer for a few minutes

3) Turn on the printer, when it says "insert inks", and then insert the compatible cartridges one by one, making sure the cartridges are sitting completely in the slots.

If it still not working, you have to buy a chip resetter, which can reset the printer counter.

Hi,

This all depends on the model/type of printer you have.

First off using remanufactured or compatible inks and toner does not void your warranty. Here is the court ruling that states that is illegal.

Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warrant...

Going to a simple re-filler to refill you inks is a mistake. Your printer like many new ones come with chip on the cartridge. Without replacing the chip, your printer may not recognize the cartridge. You may be able to get around this by simply pressing "ok" and it may print anyways.

Your best bet is to find a retailer that replaces the chips as well as guarantees your satisfaction. Many refillers will not guarantee you will be happy with your purchase.

This store gives a 60-day satisfaction guarantee and 1-year defect warranty on all their compatible products. Check for your ink model.

http://store.express-inks.com/?Click=30566

Honestly, you're always better off purchasing the genuine ink made by the manufacturer of your printer.

Ink refills are much cheaper, and you'll probably find some people who swear by them, however, the quality and reliability will be much inferior. From personal experience, you may find that the ink on your printouts fade much faster, or that the print quality itself will be poor at best. This may also void the warranty on your printer as well. Sometimes you get what you pay for.

Yes, HP/Epson, etc make a killing from their genuine ink sales, however, you'll have the best quality and performance by purchasing the genuine ink made for your printer, instead of using cheap refills. I would not recommend this to anyone.

i might in no way get my ink cartridge's refilled, as i've got heard too many woeful memories approximately them. I truthfully have a lexmark printer and there ink cartridge's are on the entire greater high priced than the different make. My motto is purchase new, do not top off.