Can I install Steam games onto a secondary hard drive?

I have a lot of Steam games, but am out of disk space on my first hard drive. I was wondering if there was a way to install them on my secondary hard drive instead.

Favorite Answer

U need to install steam in the other hard drive then, since all the games are located with steam

the only way to do that is to uninstall steam and then reinstall it on the secondary drive. you will have to re-download all of your games. the only problem i ever had was i had a glitched drive.. not steam's fault at all. but if you are asking if you can put games on both drives from one install, the answer is no. you cannot install two copies of steam either, the setup will just go to repair. so yeah install steam to the secondary and you're good to go. Oh and I suppose you could download games then move them there, but I have never tried, so you might want to look out for that if you try it. if you want a professional answer, contact steam support

Source(s): I've had steam on my external drive before.

If you have a lot of Steam games, download some on one computer, log onto another one, download the next bunch. Repeat as needed.

• ayoub

Your steam video games gets carry of to anyplace your steam record is. in case you like the video games to be playable they could desire to be there. What I do is administered my finished steam folder of my exterior. in case you want to try this in basic terms drag your steam folder directly to your exterior now troublesome force.