What did you like about 1984 by George Orwell?

It's not a nice book, but it is one of my favorites.. why do you like it?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Peach
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I love anything that is set in a dytopian futuristic world. (I also enjoy post-apocalyptic scenarios.) 1984 is a prime example of this genre at it's finest, I also love Brave New World and Why Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep (oh and Anthem by Ann Raynd)

• Jude
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

I guess I would have to say it was just flat out a good story. It had me involved rooting for Winston and Julia and the hope that they would escape mounted with every page turn. I think the utter let down and realization that the situation was hopeless, for me, as the reader, was incredibly powerful. Orwell really had me hoping for a bit of happiness for Winston. He was just so pathetic and in a small way revolting in the beginning and then he just seemed to blossom as his love affair with Julia grew. Sigh. Sad book.

• 1 decade ago

I liked how, by the ending of the book, the main character thought the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of what he thought in the very beginning of the book.

• 1 decade ago

i liked the bizarreness and weirdness of of th utopia. it's juat one of those odd books i like to read

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

That it says Big brother is watching (or something like that)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.